Chapter III -M- Half-Breeds

"The Princess is gone!"

"I'm not going to be one of those idiots that asks, 'what do you mean she's gone?!' and go straight to 'Damn it, Lizzie!'. Do the King and Queen know?"

"Yes, they called for you."

I never got ready this fast, I hurry on my way to the throne room. When I get there, I only see the King.

"You Majesty." I bow to him keeping my head down, it's not a good day to defy him.

"Where is my daughter?!" He swims closer to me with a threatening look on his face.

"I don't know, my King."

"She would have toll you! I know it! Where is she?!" He grabs my neck and shakes me, applying enough pressure to cut my breath.

"I- I- Don't- Kn-Know!" I try to speak and make him let go but I don't succeed.

"Orion. Let the girl go." The Queen enters my field of vision.

"She knows!" He's furious and he's taking it out on me.

"I don't believe she does. Now let her go." He does and I try my best to normalize my breath. "Now. You." She directs her look at me. "Did my daughter fled?"

"I don't know."

"Let's see, the alternatives are that either she fled, or she was kidnapped."

"Kidnaped? Who would dare kidnap the Princess?"

"Exactly our thought, so you see why our first assumption was that she escaped?" I nod, that girl, I can't believe she ran. For her sake I hope she was kidnapped. "Great. You are going to help us covert it up until we can find her."

"Excuse me, your Majesty?" My voice is still weak and my neck hurts like hell, but I try to keep the conversation going, who knows what the King will do if I stop answering.

"Exactly what you heard. You are going to take her place 24/7, until our servants find her."

"My Queen, but if there is a possibility that the Princess was kidnapped wouldn't that put her in danger?"

"You don't question your Queen, Girl! You do as you are told. Got it!?" The King says menacingly.

"I'm sorry, your Majesty."

"Calm down, Orion. It was a valid question. If she was kidnapped, we will know soon enough, there will be no point for the person responsible to hold her if she's not the real princess."

"However, that person will find out that there is someone that looks like the Princess."

"The wedding is in two months, after that we won't need to keep hiding this, so we only have to hold on until then."

"After the wedding, I'll be free?"

"Of course, Dear, after the marriage is secure you are absolutely on your own."

I nod, "What do I need to do?"

"Simple, just the usual, act like Elizabeth, but you'll have to sleep in her room and eat with us as she usually does."

"Don't the people in the palace know that the Princess is gone?"

"We'll tell them she, or better, you, went for a morning swim around town."

"Yes, your Majesty."

"That's all, move to her room immediately." I bow again to both of them and hurry up getting out of there.