5 • Feelings & Mental Breakdowns

Carlos' POV

The next day I was in maths. Well I walked in 10 minutes late.

"Ah, Mr De Vil. Late" the teacher sighed. "Yeah so?" I asked, slipping into the chair beside Mal.

"That's not where you si—" he started. "Listen here "Mr Teacher!" I do whatever the fuck I want. So just get out the way and let me do what I want okay!" I fake smiled at him.

He continued the lesson. I kept staring at Mal.

God she's beautiful

.
.
.

CARLOS?!! I mentally facepalmed myself.

"CARLOS!" a voice yelled. "Huh?" I muttered.

"It seems like you have an interest for staring at Mal" the teacher said.

Most people started to laugh as I turned red. "NO!" I answered, way to quickly.

"Well, you aren't doing well in math. I'm gonna give you a buddy. Any volunteers?"

Nobody raised their hand.

"Thanks. That makes me feel sooooo better" I rolled my eyes. "I will!"

I looked and saw Mal smiling at me. "Okay Mal" the teacher smiled.

He continued with the lesson. I kept staring at Mal. But one thing was bothering me.

Why did she want to help me.

The bell rang as Mal started to stand up but I pulled her hand. She looked at me.

"Why did you want to help me?" I asked, a bit rudely.

"Helping just feels good. Maybe you should try it."

And with that she left. I got this weird feeling in my stomach.

--------------
Mal's Dorm

Time Skip

Carlos' POV

"So if x equals 5 what is y?" Mal asked. I just looked out the window.

"Carlos!" Mal yelled. "Ugh! This is bullshit! Why the hell do I need fucking algebra" I groaned.

"Carlos, I'm trying to help you understand" Mal said.

"Understand what?! That I'm a fuck up!" I yelled. "What?!" Mal asked.

"Carlos, about when we were ki-"

"I don't want an apology!" I snapped.

"Carlos! I'm trying to apologize. Why are you being so difficult" Mal raised her voice.

"Cause my life is hard!" I yelled. "Is it now! I have to deal with all the pressures of being Queen an-"

"I don't care! I had lost my fucking dad! My brother! I become a mental physco. And it's all y-your fault!" I cried.

I broke down on the floor, sobbing.

-------------

Mal's POV

Am I seeing this right. Carlos fell to the ground and started sobbing.

I felt really bad for hi. It's partly my fault that he became this way.
"Carlos your not a physco" I said.

He didn't reply. "Can you tell me what happened?" I asked.

Carlos shook his head. "Carlos?" I whispered.

I sat on the floor, pulling him close to me. He sobbed hysterically into my chest.

"I have a dad, he w-was Prince Hans. From Anna and Elsa and stuff. I also had a younger brother called Cameron

Me and him were so close. When at the age of 8, Cameron was 6. Mom had made dinner for us. It tasted weird.

Dad wasn't home and never was

Dad wasn't home and never was. Mon said that he had been a bad person and a d-dog ate him. But I found out that mom had killed dad and cooked him

Cameron was popular in his year. Most people liked him. Then I hinge just changed.

After a while, he started to get bullied, like me around that time. Cameron would come home, crying every night as I comforted him.

But one day he couldn't take it. On my birthday, he committed suicide. It was the worst day of my life.

And mom was abusive. And you guys were bullying me. And when you left, t-things just changed" Carlos sniffed

This is my fault. "I am so sorry Carlos" I whispered, stroking his hair.

"I'm a freak! I'm a fucking manwhore, a sex addict and a freakin' cannibal" Carlos cried.

"Cannibal?!? Wha..." I started. "I know I'm a freak!" Carlos sobbed harder.

"Carlos, I'm not going to grass on you. Just tell me, have you killed anyone in Auradon?" I asked.

Carlos looked away. "Why should I tell you" he muttered.

"Because I trust you" I smiled.

------------------

Carlos' POV

"Because I trust you."

She trusts me? There's that weird feeling in my stomach again.

"But can I trust you" I muttered. I lied my head in her chest as she ran her hands through my hair.

"Y-Yes" I stuttered. Mal kissed my forehead. "I won't tell Carlos, but I will help you. Become yourself again" Mal smiled.

I smiled softly at her. That felt good. "But don't tell anyone please" I begged. "Okay" Mal nodded.

--------------

9pm

Mal's POV

Evie was asleep. I was in my bed but couldn't seem to fall asleep. Suddenly the door opened.

I looked up and saw Carlos. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I just t-thought about what you said. And I-I do need help" Carlos looked down .

"Do you wanna sleep with me?" I asked. "Like sex" he chuckled.

"Oh, you know what I mean" I giggled. Carlos laughed and got in the bed with me.

But he fell asleep just like that. I chuckled.

Later on I heard noises. "Ah!" I turned my head and saw Carlos moaning.

"Yeah, right there" he muttered. He was asleep, but like sleep-sex talking.

"Carlos" I started to shake him. "N-No Cameron!" He whispered.

"Carlos!" I yelled louder.

"Why did you have to go? Was I not a good enough brother! I've fucked up! I should just kill myself to be with you"

That stopped me as a wave of anger flew over me.

"WAKE UP!!!" I screamed, shaking him harder.

He woke up, panting heavily.

"Carlos you didn't tell me you had nightmares of your brother" I said.

"It's so fucking hard. It hurts so much" Carlos cried. "I know Carlos" I rubbed his back, trying to calm him down.

"I just wanna be loved" Carlos burried his face into my lap.