24 • Break This Down

Carlos' POV

When me and Mal came outside Doug and Evie were hugging and Jay and Lonnie were holding hands.

"Hey guy—woah! What happened here!" I asked, pointing to the four of them.

"They're all couples" Celia chuckled.

"So did you find any clues?" Lonnie asked. "We found out that Audrey hangs out at Fairy Cottage" Evie replied.

"Great. And while we're at it we can get the wand" Jane said.

"I'll come as well!" Lonnie pipped.

"They may need some muscle" I said.

"I'll go" Doug said as everyone gave him a weird look.

"Gil!" I said. "I would feel better if he joined!" Uma said.

"Yeah same!" Gil smiled. "Actually, yes" Doug sighed.

"Great! Let's bounce" Jay smiled.

-----------------
Mal' POV

We had checked Fairy Cottage for Audrey. But all we found was a locked up Chad.

We were all walking out,into the forest.

Carlos had his arms wrapped around me.

"You guys are gonna have to tell me how you got of the Isle" Carlos chuckled.

"Actually, Mal promised once this is all over, to set all the VK's free" Evie smiled.

"Really?!" Carlos smiled.

.....

"Actually I have to tell you guys something" I looked down, stopping.

"The kids won't be coming if the Isle. The program is shut down. We're closing the barrier for good" I frowned.

"Hold up" Uma said, walking closer to me.

"So we're saving you, and your people. For a lie?" Uma said.

I didn't respond. "Eh! Carlos! Bet since your king your just gonna throw us all back" Harry yelled, in Carlos' face.

Celia walked up to me in tears. "You know I actually thought you were brave. Turns out your not!" Celia cried. "So where you just gonna tell me I would never see my dad a-again!"

"Celia....." I trailed off. She took the ember off me.

"No!" I yelled as she chucked it into water. I panicked and picked up the ember.

"No! Regain your might and ignite" I cried.

Uma walked up to me and held her necklace.

"Bummer" she said. "Let's get Gil" Uma said as her and Harry left.

"No! Uma!" I cried.

I turned around and Evie, Carlos and Jay were staring at me.

"E-Evie I had to do something. I-I didn't want to loose my best friend. I-I just thought—" I stammered.

"—Closing the barrier was your idea!" Evie asked, hurt.

"I did it for us Evie. For the life that we have here" I reply. "For our lives! What about those kids! We promised them! We were their only hope!" Evie cried.

Evie walked back. "Evie...."

Carlos walked closer. "Mal why!" Carlos cried.

"I-I had to!" I stuttered.  "And you lied to Jay! And to E-Evie! And to m-m-me! We're your family" Carlos cried louder.