Chapter 1

*Skylar's POV*

I was walking in town with all gear on my back, there wasn't a walker in sight. But just in case i had my knife and gun on me. The only time I fired my gun was when my back was against the wall and I had no choice. I came to realize that if I got into trouble six bullets wasn't going to make a difference. I sighed, it had been eight months since I had actual human contact. Sometimes it got a little nerve racking being alone all the time, but I had done it. My stomach growled with hunger the last time I ate was yesterday morning. Grabbing my gun I walked into what had been a convenient store holding my gun in front of me. Before the world went to hell I had never shot a gun before but basically I familiarized myself. Still no sign of a walker, so far so good. That's when I heard a noise, no moaning? I turned the corner quickly with my gun raised only to be greeted by a gun aimed at me. I froze with my gun raised, the kid who I was staring right in the face looked a little older than me. He was Asian and wearing a cap he held his gun as I held mine.

"Put your weapon down" he told me.

I raided my eyebrows at him. Was he serious?

"No way."

"Lower your weapon! I'm not going to miss if I pull the trigger."

There was honestly no use on arguing if I protested he would shoot me. I didn't stay alive all the time to become walker bait. Slowly I put my gun down on the floor and raised my hands. The Asian boy moved my gun away from me. Most likely searching to see if if I had anymore weapons.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Skylar."

"I'm Glenn, how long have you been on the road?"

I lowered my arms moving my dirty hair from my eyes I said,

"About eight months."

Glenn asked me a few more questions and must have decided I wasn't a threat. He handed me my gun,

"You seem innocent enough. We have a camp do you want to come back?" Glenn asked.

I took a few moments to think it over. Actual living people I hadn't been with people since my family. And before the end of the world I was mentally alone.

"Sure. "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Glenns POV*

I drove the car back towards the farm with Skylar in the passenger seat. I glanced at her, she was dirty you could tell she had been on the road. There were bloodstains on her shirt probably from previous encounters with walkers. But she looked harmless enough. I know I'd get some shit for bringing back a stranger but they'd all get used to her. Skylar hadn't said a word since we started driving and the silence was making me crazy.

"We have a decent size group" That's when she looked at me.

"Yeah"

"Yeah, there's Rick he's like our leader. His wife Lori and their son Carl who's about eleven. Carol was with her daughter Sophia but she went missing so we're looking for her. There's also Shane he just - you'll have to meet him yourself. Andrea she's pretty cool, Dale is our voice of reason. And Daryl you'll have to be careful he's rude don't take it personal. And Hershel is the owner of the farm we're at and he has two daughters. Maggie, Beth, and a friend of the family her name is Patrisha. "

I explained all that and she looked really shocked. Maybe she never had a group with that many people?

"Thanks for informing me Glenn. Now I'll know names" she smiled and then went back to gazing out the window.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

The farm was beautiful so serene so untouched. Did they even have a walker attack? How crazy was all this? Dead people eating the living, I use to think the world was hell and now it was. Glenn took my gear and set it on a nearby picnic table.

"Let's go meet everyone" he told me. That's when my anxiety level shot up it may have been the end of the world but I was still nervous when it came to meeting new people. He'll I could've shot Glenn when I first met him. Glenn motioned for me to follow I took a deep breath and followed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The first person I met was Rick which I expected. Rick really looked at me, I started to feel a little uncomfortable under his gaze.

"It's Skylar right?" he asked I nodded at him.

"Yeah Skylar Brooks." Rick racked a hand through his hair.

"Do you have any weapons on you?" I bit my lip. I didn't want to surrender my gun and knife they protected me.

"Um.."

"It's okay Skylar" Glenn reassured me.

"Just my knife and gun" I told him. Rick walked closer to me and out of habit I stepped back.

"May I please have them? Just until I'm sure you aren't a threat." Admitting defeat I handed over my weapons. Rick put a hand on my shoulder,

"It's just a precaution. "

"I understand" I told him.

Which I did I completely agreed they didn't know me. I could kill everyone I wasn't going to but I could. After that Glenn took me to meet everyone else. Shane gave me an eary feeling I didn't think I would like him to much. Carl was adorable and Lori wa really nice as was Carol. I felt bad about her little girl. Dale was old but nice as well. Hershel wasn't thrilled about another person but he welcomed me. Me and Maggie really hit it off. The only one I hadn't met was Darly he was off hunting.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Okay this is only the first chapter I know Dark isn't on chapter 1 but he's in chapter 2 I promise. For all who read this enjoy :)
This is my first walking dead fan fiction!