Test Drive

Aaaand we are back.

Y/N's POV:

I stand in the middle of the training room with my grenade launcher in my hands.

Echo: All I'm saying is that the prequels are a burning ball of horse shit.

Y/N: Well yeah but if it wasn't for the prequels we wouldn't have had gotten to see Kenobi say "Hello there"

Echo: I guess.

In the observation window I see everyone watching intently. The director turns to the glowing green AI known as Delta. I raise my thumb signifying I'm ready.

Y/N: Let's see what've you got for me.

The room changes to simulate an urban warfare zone.

Echo: I'm reading movement in the 2nd story building. About two hostiles an-

A rocket sails out the window at me.

Y/N: Echo!

A blue dome surrounds me and eats up the blast.

Echo: I got you, calculating path to perfect shot.

I see an angle appear on my hud and I aim my grenade launcher at a wall to my left.

Y/N: Drop the dome on my mark.

Echo: Roger.

Y/N: Mark!

The dome drops and I fire. The dome re appears in time to stop a hail of assault rifle fire. The grenade bounces off of 3 walls before landing inside the building and blowing up.

Echo: Woo! House cleared.

The dome appears red.

Echo: Oh yeah that's about to break by the way.

Y/N: Now you tell me?!

A red laser crashes into the dome shattering it and I roll out of the way of enemy DMR fire.

Echo: Okay shoot straight up!

Y/N: Yeah on it!

I fire up and watch as the grenade bounces off of the roof and heads down towards me.

Y/N: Uhh Echo? Why's it coming down at me?!

Echo: Just trust me! Jump on my mark.

Y/N: Ah fuck it.

The grenade gets practically in my face.

Echo: Mark!

I jump as the blast of the grenade launches me up in the air. A new angle appears in my hud and I follow the angle and fire. The grenade sails into the enemies face and blows up.

Y/N: We did it!

The simulation ends...and I land on my ass.

Y/N: Oww...

Echo: Oh yeah smooth landing.

Y/N: Oh har har I didn't think about that.

Echo: Aren't you like a super soldier?

Y/N: Oh Shutup.

I pull myself up and walk out of the training room to be congratulated by everyone. And then I swap places with North.

Echo: And so I said that's not a gorilla. That's Tex.

I laugh.

Texas: What did he just say?