Night Lights

Lezzz gooo another short chapter

Y/N's POV:

I stand in my room pacing back and forth nervously. Earlier the reds, blues, Washington, Carolina and I all had a serious sit down. We were coming up with a plan, one that could very well change my life.

I look at my wrist for the time. 6:25 which means the plan begins in 5 minutes. I just have to calm down and have faith in the others to do what they said they'll do.

Knowing the guys it'll be Tucker doing his best to keep Caboose from ruining things, Sarge will come up with one of his schemes, Grif is probably going to get lazy and not do it, Simmons will stick to the plan exactly, Carolina and Wash will have to take care of them.

6:30, showtime. You got this Colorado. Just stay calm and everything will work out. Don't be suspicious.

I step out of my room in semi formal attire. Since it's hot as hell its just a pair of khaki shorts and a nice polo.

Making my way over to Nevada's room I knock. A second goes by, then another. Crap what if she caught wind? And then the door opens, false alarm.

She stands in front of me in denim short shorts, a black and white flannel tied right above her waist. Really cowgirl like if you ask me, just missing the hat.

Y/N: Wow you look...

Cute? Pretty? Hot? Sexy? Beautiful?

Y/N: Perfect.

Nevada: You don't look half bad Colorado.

Y/N: Shall we?

I say with a mock fancy accent. And a really halfassed bow. She just smiles and nods.

I put my arm over her shoulders. With my hand dangling in the air she holds it.

Nevada: Where to?

Y/N: You'll see.

And so we walk out. The sun begins it's descent casting the sky in an orangish glow. Soon the stars will be out. And that's when we strike.

Nevada: It really is pretty here isn't it?

Y/N: No kidding, wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

Nevada: How long do think this'll last?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Nevada: This peace. No matter what it is we do we're not allowed to rest for long.

Y/N: I don't know. But I do know that whatever comes next I'll have your 6.

Nevada: Is that because you want to stare at my ass or something?

I just laugh and look up at the sky.

Y/N: Perhaps. C'mon we're almost there.

We continue walking until we arrive at Lake Echo. It's crystal clear water glitters as the sun hits it casting a golden like glow to the area.

Nevada: It's pretty huh?

Y/N: Yeah...Echo would have loved it here.

I feel a weight in pocket. I still carry his chip with me at all times. In a way he's still with me.

Nevada: Whats that?

She nods her head over at a blanket laid down a few feet from the water. On it is plate of steak and lobster. To the left of it is a cooler that's packed with our favorite drinks. Thank fuck so far so good.

Y/N: Well that's why we're here.

I go ahead and sit down. She sits next to me and leans her head against my shoulder.

Nevada: Well aren't you creative?

Y/N: May or may not have watched a movie or two.

Nevada: Now how did you get steak and lobster out here?

Y/N: A magician never reveals his secrets.

Nevada: Since when did you become a magician?

Y/N: Since I could make oil rigs disappear with some C4.

Nevada: Seems like forever ago since we were fighting the insurrection.

Y/N: Project Freelancer seems like it was so long ago.

We start eating as the sun begins to set. My heart quickens, it's almost time. The guys should be in position.

Nevada: Hey are you okay? You seem a little on edge.

Y/N: I'm alright just stuffed is all.

Nevada: Yeah that was a good dinner.

She leans her head on my shoulder. I glance over at my watch. In 5...4...3...2...1. A screech fills the air. I feel Nevada jump before a light streaks across the sky.

The light is followed by other streaking lights. One by one they all explode in various colors, red, orange, maroon, pink, brown, blue, turquoise, black and yellow, white and purple, green and finally gray. Fireworks.

I watch as the lights fill her eyes. A smile carves it's way through her face as she stares up at the sky.

The lake before us shimmers with all the new colors. Just as planned.

Y/N: Sarah?

She turns her head to me as I stand up and hold my hand out to her. She takes it and I pull her up. I take a quick glance at my watch. I have to stall.

Y/N: I'm not the smartest guy there is, nowhere near the strongest, fastest, maybe not the best looking.

We gaze into eachothers eyes.

Y/N: But no one in this world could ever love you more than I do.

The fireworks cease to explode.

Y/N: Which is why I need to ask you...

I hear the final one being shot off. I drop to my knee as an explosion of our armor colors goes off behind me.

Y/N: Will you marry me?

I produce the small black box from my pocket and open it.

She covers her mouth with her free hand. A loan gasp escapes her mouth. Then a single tear falls down her beautiful face.

I feel my heart hammer in my chest. There's no going back now.

She drops her hand to reveal a smile. And then she answers.

Nevada: I thought you'd never ask.

Aaaaand scene