In Plain Sight

Aaaaaand we are back bois

Y/N's POV:

It's been about 3 years since we crashed the MOI. The project continues to search for deserters. Texas, York, North and I have gone our separate ways. Where did I end up? Weellll

Sarge: Pvt. L/N!

Y/N: Yes Sarge?

Sarge: Command has seen fit that we be delivered more supplies. However we need to put in an order.

Y/N: Isn't that Simmons' job?

Simmons: That's what i said! Sarge please let me do it.

Sarge: No you take too long.

Griff: Can you guys shut up? I'm trying to sleep.

Y/N: Thats all you ever do Griff.

Griff: Oh can it L/N.

You see after I left the project I figured I'd join the simulation trooper military because the project wouldn't think to look there. That and I retain my access to weapons.

Echo: And this is a better alternative to the project how?

Yeah Echo's still with me. I've been using the military as a way to track down any ex agents whereabouts.

(Btw this is before everyone gets sent to different outposts/when Wash was first introduced in the show)

Y/N: Besides aren't we all being transferred?

Sarge: Ah to hell with that. I'm not leaving until every single blue here is painted red with blood!

Griff: Yeah Sarge have fun with that.

I sigh and place my grenade launcher on my back. Every since I got out I've had to leave behind my armor from the project in a special container. Now I'm stuck in regulation red. The only thing that stands out is my helmet. It's a Mark V red helmet, their army ran out of Mark VI helmets. I then walk out to the top of the base.

Y/N: Okay your good now buddy.

Echo appears next to me.

Echo: God it's hard to remain cooped up in that head of yours. Sure it's empty but a guy loses his shit after some time.

Y/N: Oh yeah yeah. Any luck with the search?

Echo: Well shes evasive as always. Just reports and chatter from the recovery agents.

Echo's been monitoring freelancer chatter and it seems like they picked up on Nevada being alive. Apparently she's been hitting some of their outposts and stealing some shit.

Y/N: Whats the word this time?

Echo: A whole base was found filled with dead freelancer personnel and stolen data driv- oh hold that thought.

He disappears. As Lopez walks up to me. Now I had Echo display subtitles so I can actually understand him.

Lopez: The Warthog is fixed.

Y/N: Thanks Lopez. Any idea where your being sent?

Lopez: No.

Y/N: Ah well that's too bad. What about Donut?

Lopez: How should I know? He always makes things weird.

Y/N: Yeah he does.

I shutter at the memory of him waltzing into the barracks buck naked and bending over in front of my rack.

Y/N: Well fun talking to you, but I should start packing my shit.

Lopez: Yes.

I nod and go to get my personal belongings ready to go. I was ordered to go with Simmons and Griff to Rat's Nest.

The day comes when we leave. And oh boy was Rat's Nest an adventure. Griff somehow by the will of the gods got promoted. Simmons started to question the command structure. And I may have blown up an entire motor pool. And here we are standing with our own men with guns aimed at us.

Echo: Man you just had to blow up every vehicle?

I hear the guns being taken off safety. Ready to expose myself I have Echo prep the shield. But before that can happen a warthog slides in front of us shielding us.

Y/N: Sarge?!

Sarge: Ha Ha get in dirtbags.

I look to Simmons and Griff, they shrug and we pile in....and by that I mean we taped Griff to the hood and drove off.

Y/N: Sarge what're you doing here?

Sarge: This freelancer fellow came to the gulch. Command told me that he's trying to get the blues back together.

Simmons: Thats bad how sir?

Sarge: Those damn dirty blues always have freelancer help and I will not stand for it!

Echo: Well that's ironic

Griff: Whoop de do! Now get me off this hood! That's an order Simmons!

Sarge: Since when has Griff acted like he matters?

Y/N: It's a long story Sarge.

Sarge: We got time L/N. We got time.

3rd person POV:

A large figure with an EVA helmet watches as the reds drive away. The man growls as he takes a weapon off his back. AI's surround the man each whispering to him.

AI's: Echo.

Y/N's POV:

Echo: Huh?

Y/N: Something up?

Echo: Something...something's very wrong.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Echo: The other AI's...Colorado I can hear them. And who has the AI's?

Y/N: Oh no...you don't mean?

Echo: Yeah...it's him alright.

Y/N: Odds?

Echo: Slim to none.

Y/N: Well then. Guess we're gonna have to blow some shit up.

Y/N: Hey guys. I have to tell you something.

Sarge: What?

Y/N: It may be hard to believe.

Sarge: What like the chupathingy?

Y/N: No matter of a fact, why don't you guys say hello to my friend here.

Echo appears next to me.

Echo: Whats up fuckers!

Simmons: Augh!

Griff: Whats happening?!

Sarge: Augh a fairy!

Echo: Assholes.

Y/N: Echo you wanna explain for me?

Echo: Yeah yeah. Buckle in fuck heads. This is going to take a lot of explaining to do.

Aaaand scene. I know I did a lot of time skipping but it was in the stories best interest that I did sorry.