Back In The Saddle

Leezzz goooo

Y/N's POV:

A plan has been set into motion. Our final offensive is to be launched today. One way or another this war ends today. Either with us all being decimated by alien weaponry, or we somehow break the enemies back. Once they're armed they'll make a move on the Temple of Communication.

The reds, blues, feds and new republic are headed to the Temple of Arms. Nevada, Oregon, Gray and some new republic men are headed to the tractor beams.

Washington and Carolina are going to be in charge of stalling Locus and Felix.

Now where is it that I fit into the grand scheme of things?

Y/N: Why is it always me?

I grunt as I slam a charge down.

Y/N: That always does the crazy shit?

I dangle from below the temple that can set off the Purge. I'm the backup plan incase we can't capture the tractor beams in time. Or incase somehow Felix slips past them. Now Felix is the one we really to watch out for. He's the only one aside from Tucker who can activate the temple.

Washington: How you doing Colorado?

Y/N: Peachy. Reminds me of the monkey bars from a playground.

I slap on another charge and give it a chef's kiss.

Y/N: Perfecto.

Carolina: Here they come. You almost done down there?

I look at all the blinking lights.

Y/N: Not yet, I need 13 more.

Carolina: How many are you at?

Y/N: 56.

Washington: That should be enough.

Y/N: No! I'm gonna make it 69!

Carolina: Jesus. When your done get up here and lend a hand.

Y/N: I thought I told you guys, there's only alien Jesus.

And then the gunshots start to ring out. I continue to climb around the underside of the temple. My arms ache a little but I persevere and continue to plant my charges.

Y/N: Alright all done down here, how we looking up top?

It's then I see Washington and Felix dangling from a a grapple held up by Carolina.

Y/N: Oh. Right.

I make my way back up and pull the sticky detonator off of my hip. I aim in at Locus but ultimately hold back since Carolina would be in the blast zone.

Y/N: Uhh how the hell am I supposed to help when your dangling off of those floating shits?!

Carolina: Then get your ass up here!

I holster the sticky detonator and pull out my grenade launcher. Taking a deep breath I sprint towards the edge of this holo bridge and fire it below my feet. I leap into the air and the explosion sends me upwards.

I land onto the floating surface in time to grab the back of Locus' armor and yank him backwards before punching him in the throat.

Y/N: Hide from this you predator fuck!

He grunts and punches me across the face and then knees my gut. I push his knee down and then kick him away from me.

Locus: You again.