I'm Enough For Now- Virgil

"You pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream
Always in motion
So I risk it all just to be with you"

My date on Saturday had me reeling for the rest of the weekend. I still couldn't really believe that he liked me too. It seemed like he was too perfect for someone like me. Only I knew we were soulmates, and he wouldn't leave me. I was so sure now. This kind of quick, easy connection with someone wasn't common and now that I had it, I didn't want to let it go. But so many things were going to wrong. Maybe it was easier like this.

We waited for everyone to file out of the classroom before Roman walked over and put an arm around him and kissed my forehead. "Hello, darling. Miss me?"

"Maybe just a little. You ready for our first dancing rehearsal?" I leaned into his side as we strolled down the empty halls.

"Yes, and you are too! Don't give me that face," Roman bopped my nose as I rolled my eyes. "Your dancing is much improved. We'll be the stars of the show!"

"We already are. We're the leads, Princey." I laughed as he groaned.

"No need to be such a downer, Storm Cloud." I felt that gnawing feeling in my gut, but this time I wasn't going to let it go.

"Roman, I want to ask you something." I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

"Anything, what is it?" He responded, carefully moving my bangs away from my eyes.

"Why are you only like this with me? When you're not with me, you act..." I hesitated when I saw his crestfallen face. I really didn't mean to hurt him. "Well, different."

"I know what you really mean." His voice was quiet and I silently cried when he pulled his arm back. "Why I'm a class A jerk."

"Oh, ba-" I started to backtrack, but he cut me off.

"No, you're right. And this shouldn't excuse it, but... you only came to this county in freshman year. Middle school was hell for me. Bullied pretty badly and just a lot of self-hatred. It was easier for me to be someone else. Someone that people didn't hate." He wouldn't look at me in the eye.

"Roman... I'm so sorry, I never should have said anything." I gushed but he only gave me a soft smile.

"It's alright, but you should know that being with you makes me want to be better. You make me into a better person. So thank you, love." Roman wrapped his arm around my waist again and I knew it was going to be okay. Because we had each other and that was enough.
__ __

This was it. The dreaded dance rehearsal. If Roman and I hadn't been dating and practicing some dance, it would have been much worse. But we were already comfortable in each other's arms, so the simple classical dancing wasn't much a task. The only slightly embarrassing thing was Roman accidentally dropped me during a dip. But the rest went without a hitch.

The last bit of rehearsal was dedicated to our voices. I was not looking forward to singing in front of an audience, but knowing Roman would be there eased some of my concerns. He gently suggested we sing a song we both knew, just to get accustomed to each singing together. I almost pointed out we had sung together before, but I couldn't burst his bubble.

"So, what's the song, Charming?" My tone was slightly teasing, knowing he couldn't do anything while there were people around.

He pressed a button on his phone, turned to me, and silently relished the shock on my face. "You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide."

He walked over and took my hand. "I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards. Fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me."

I moved back, trying to pull my hand back and flashing a warning with my eyes. Roman kept an iron grasp on me. "But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

He pulled me into his chest before pushing me out and spinning me. I could barely catch my breath in between making sure I didn't fall and watching the crowd's reactions. "What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine, nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find."

He pulled me close again and we just swayed with the music. "It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight." Our foreheads were barely touching and I managed to slip away.

"You think it's easy, you think I don't want to run to you? But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through." I sang over my shoulder, letting my own inhibitions show through for once. Roman took a step forward, but I moved away again and turned to face him. "I know you're wondering why because we're able to be just you and me within these walls," I gestured to the theatre. "But when we go outside, you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." I took another step with each line.

"No one can rewrite the stars," I yelled to the empty audience, thinking about my soul mark under the foundation. "How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find." My heart silently cried out to his parents and this goddamned school.

"It's not up to you, it's not up to me when everyone tells us what we can be." I ran my fingers through my hair and belted. "How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours tonight."

Roman held my arms and I let my forearms rest on his chest as we sang to each other. "All I want is to fly with you. All I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you," Our voices separated as we took the next part. "It feels impossible, it's not impossible, is it impossible?"

"Say that it's possible," Roman pleaded as I cupped his neck.

Roman lifted me by my waist and spun me around and I was too wrapped up in my own mind to consider anything else but him. "How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find." He set me down gently as we gazed into each other's eyes.

"It's up to you and it's up to me," he held onto my hand and gently squeezed. "No one can say what we get to be and why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours."

The silence after the last note brought us back to earth. Everyone was gaping at us like we were circus animals and we stepped away from each other. "You know I want you," My voice was quiet as I looked away from Roman's hopeful face. "It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied."

There was pure silence until the drama club burst into applause and wild cheering. Roman gave them a confident smile but looked at me concerned. I eased the worries with a smile. We were fine. For now.
__ __

What sorcery is this?! I release a part on time?! All jokes aside, hope you liked this chapter, I wanted to have them duet this since I brought this up at the beginning of the book so here! Question: Favorite dessert? Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!