Epilogue

"Oh my God," Virgil stood at the front of the church trying not to dry heave. "This is not good."

"Virgil, calm down," Remus spoke from the side. "It's all going fine."

"Yeah," Dee, his best man, spoke up. "What's wrong?"

"Well, nothing yet. But it's only a matter of time. What if Roman leaves because his parents didn't show up? Or something happens or catches on fire?" Virgil rambled until he heard the wedding march play. "Oh, God."

The doors opened and there was Roman, looking absolutely impeccable in his suit. His parents had neglected to show up so Virgil's mother had stepped in to walk him down the aisle. Virgil felt tears in his eyes as he smiled. It was really happening. He was really here. 5 years after graduation and he was going to marry his soulmate.

"You okay now?" Dee asked when he saw Virgil's awestruck expression.

"Yeah. I'm good."

Roman kissed his soon-to-be mother-in-law's cheek and stood in front of Virgil, biting the inside of his lip to suppress his smile. Virgil looked absolutely stunning. His hair was swept back and his makeup was a more natural subdued looked.

"You ready to be stuck to me forever?" Virgil asked.

"I've never been more ready in my life."
__ __

Virgil and Roman sat at their table during the reception, just talking. In a day that was meant to be all about them, there was apparently very limited time for them to be alone together. Roman peppered kisses over Virgil's flustered face as he laughed.

"You're really my husband!" Roman giggled. "You're my husband and I'm your husband and we're husbands!"

"Yeah, Roman. That's kind of how marriage works." Virgil laughed but he was exactly the same. He could hardly believe that he would get to spend the rest of his life with Roman Princeton. Or Roman Sanders now.

"C'mon." Roman tugged Virgil to his feet and led him to the dance floor. The music changed as Roman put his hands around Virgil's waist. Virgil wrapped his arms around his neck and smiled as he heard the lyrics.

"Wise men say only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you Oh, shall I stay, would it be a sin? Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you?"

"You're such a sap," Virgil sighed as they leaned their foreheads together.

"But you love that about me," Roman whispered back.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too. Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you."

"Do you remember when we first met?" Roman asked with a smile.

"How could I forget punching you and the next day realizing I had the biggest crush on you?" Virgil closed his eyes.

"Oh, like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be. Oh, take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you.Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you."

The song trailed off as Roman kissed Virgil, holding him close. Applause came from all sides of the room but Virgil didn't notice. All he felt was his husband in his arms.
__ __

"Dad!" Emile walked back into the house, shuffling through the mail and focusing on a large yellow envelope. "It's here!"

Patton walked over and smiled, taking the parcel from his son. "Thanks, kiddo. Darling!" Patton called to the back of the house. "I told you they would send it!"