Puella: 14

Madoka couldn't think after what happened between her encounter with Shadi and she had yet to tell Yugi what happened before she sensed the Shadow Game but she made a promise to Yami that she wouldn't tell him of what really happened, the thought of her not telling them almost brought tears as she stared at her sketchbook and gripped her head.

Before the sound of Solomon broke her thoughts the minute the door opened and she turned around before hearing his voice.

"Madoka, this is terrible!! Come look at the news!!" His voice had worry and shock laced within as she raced downstairs and tripped before getting back up when she saw Yugi at the table looking at the tv as Madoka got an ice bag for her arm due to skidding on the carpet and hissed when it made contact.

MR. KANEKURA, THE OWNER OF THE MUSEUM WAS FOUND DEAD IN HIS OFFICE.
THE CAUSE OF DEATH APPEARED TO BE A HEART ATTACK, INDUCED BY SHOCK...BUT ACCORDING TO THE CORONER, THERE WERE REASONS THAT IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A NATURAL DEATH.

IS THIS THE CURSE OF THE PHARAOH'S TOMB?

'This phrase is all over the news.' Yugi thought as Madoka placed some Aloe Vera on her burn as Yugi looked over and helped her with the wound and began asking questions to his grandpa.

"Grandpa...do curses really exist...?" Yugi asked as Solomon began to speak of a story to his grandson.

"Well...when Tutankhamen's tomb was opened in 1923, there were the same kinds of rumors...some of the discoverers died mysterious deaths. But now it's thought that the 'mummy's curse' was just a sensation stirred up by the media of the time. No one knows the truth..." Solomon said as Madoka got shivers thinking of a curse taking over her.

"But that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried because there was one more man involved in the excavation...Professor Yoshimori!" Solomon said as worry was written on his face as Madoka thought back to Shadi about his words as Solomon continued talking. "Anyway, Professor Yoshimori would be the last person to believe in curses. But still, one of the people he worked with is dead! It must be hard for him."

Madoka felt really bad for Yoshimori, one of those people he worked with must be like family to him or one could be like distant relative to him. Madoka couldn't even think of the awful thoughts of what would happen if one of her family died, it must be awful. Madoka remembered visiting her grandmother in the hospital before Tatsuya was born, seeing her all frail and pale brought tears to her eyes.

She could remember holding her almost cold hand as the monitor beeped was long as she heard her mother cry from the hallway as she walked out before seeing her grandmother's smile upon her face.

She heard from her mother that her grandfather was nothing more but a drunk bastard who couldn't even show up for the funeral because he was god knows where doing god knows what.

Madoka heard Yugi call out her name as she looked to them and noticed the tears on her cheeks as she looked at them and wiped them away before smiling saying that she was just feeling sad. She got dressed into a plain yellow blouse and a green skirt and a jean jacket knowing that it could get cold by the time they get to the university and it would be late, Yugi was wondering why Madoka was crying at the table and decided to ask her, he mustered up the courage to walk up to her and let out a deep breath.

"Madoka, are you okay? You were crying earlier." Yugi asked as Madoka looked at him and Solomon before speaking and trying not to cry. "I just thought of my grandmother." She said looking down and tears fell down as they met up with Joey and Téa as they saw her crying before hearing the story of her grandmother.