Puella: 18

A few weeks passed by since Madoka battled Mokuba and his behavior changed, Mami told her that Mokuba is now beginning to be nice to his classmates and giving them nice compliments and never making rude remarks at some people.

But things took a worse when Madoka came down with the same fever as Kyoko, so she stayed with Solomon as she rested up on Yugi's bed with Amy and Sasori.

Normally Yugi would be the one who would worry and stay behind to help Madoka feel better but she told him that it would be okay and nothing to worry about as Joey managed to bring Yugi to the arcade after school after gathering Madoka's work and assignments for her and headed to the arcade.

"Awright! Today I'm finally gonna break this dude's record!" Joey said with pure excitement in his voice as Yugi held onto the bag of medicine for Madoka just like how she got the medicine for Kyoko. "Is someone good at arcade games here, Joey?" Yugi asked as he switched hands with the bag he was holding so it wouldn't leave any red marks from holding it too long.

"Yeah! He became a legend! Look at that racing game!" Joey said pointing to a racing game as the screen displayed the top 5 high scores as Yugi saw the number one player by the name KAI.

"And it's not just this game...the puzzle and fighting games too...this KAI guy has a Monopoly on almost all the games in this arcade!" Joey explained as he saw Yugi switching the bag from each hand before taking the bag from him.

"Wow! Is this guy for real?!" Yugi asked as Joey nodded at his question. "Even Kyoko's favorite DDR machine, Dog Drug Reinforcement, this KAI guy can even outmatch Kyoko's highscore." Joey said as he remembered the hissy fit she threw when she saw her highscore broken.

"But Yugi! If I beat this guy, I'll be the best top gamer in Japan! Okay! I'm gonna kick this guy's butt and avenge Kyoko!" Joey promised as a group of kids snickered at Joey before speaking to him. "You'll never beat Kaiba's record!" said a kid as Joey threatened to strangle the kid as Yugi thought back to the name KAI before finally breaking his thoughts and realization hit him.

"H-Hey! Did you just mention Kaiba?!" Yugi asked as the kid nodded and began to continue the conversation. "Yeah, Kaiba! He's our hero! Well, there's actually two but...we mean the older brother! He's a gaming genius!" The kid said as he and his friend smiled at the mentioned of Kaiba.

'So it's not just duel monsters...he's an expert at all games!!' Yugi thought as the kid spoke up and broke him from his thoughts. "Lately though, he stopped playing the usual games, since they're boring...there are no worthy opponents! But I heard a rumor...there's a highly classified project being worked...they're building the ultimate game..." The kid said as Yugi thought back to what Madoka told him what happened with Mokuba.

'The ultimate...!!' Yugi thought out loud in his head as the kids walked away. "Well, if you want to break the record, you'll be here forever! Kyahaha!" The kids left as Joey growled at them as Yugi patted his back. "Awright! Yugi, let's play some games!" Joey said as he raced over to a racing game.

(A/N: Get it! 'Raced'? Like a racing game?! *knife held at throat.* Okay, I'll shut up.)

"Arrggh! I suck at this one!" Joey whined as his virtual car crashed into the other virtual car as Yugi walked over to the sit-down fighting games. "I'll try this fighting game!" Yugi said as he got started on the game and chose his character from the character select. "I'll play as Bruce Ryu, he's a kung fu expert!" Yugi said as he began playing the game as Joey looked at the character.

"This character looks like Bruce Lee!" Joey said as Yugi began to speak about being a huge fan of Bruce Lee before continuing the game as he managed to be unbeatable from the NPC within the game.

"I haven't been defeated yet!" Yugi praised himself as Joey switched hands with the bag and praised Yugi as the small highschooler kept on going before Joey got up and went to the vending machine. "I'm gonna go buy a juice, you want something Yugi?" Joey asked as Yugi turned to answer him.

"Yeah, I'll have a cola." Yugi said as the same person challenged him with the same character for the last time before Yugi beat him.

The challenger stopped challenging Yugi after the last loss of the game before Yugi could know why he stopped receiving the challenge as he received a blow to the face.

Yugi felt himself thrown to the ground as he looked to the man who punched him. "You brat! Acting so smug just because you win in a stupid game! Let's see how you do in a real fight!" The man said as he punched Yugi multiple times as a certain blonde girl watched as the boy was getting beaten up as she pulled out her phone and began to record on video.

"Hahaha, what happened to that triumphant look?! Laugh at me! Come on!!" The man shouted as he continued to beat Yugi before the girl who had her phone out placed it back into her bag as she saw him pull out a switchblade and gasped.

"I always take something when I win in a streetfight..." He licked the blade of the switchblade as he cut off the rope connected to the Millennium Puzzle. "This time, I'll take this pendant!! Hahaha, fighting games are great for stress relief!" The man left as the blonde girl walked over to the two young boys who witnessed what happened as she told them to tell Yugi's friend what happened.

~~~Kyu~~~

The man held the puzzle in one hand as he chuckled at his new prize in his hand and around his neck as he didn't notice the same blonde girl following him to the alley as she cleared her throat.

"If you think about selling that, you'll be making a grave mistake." The girl revealing herself to be Mami stepped out from the shadows with her arms crossed, the man simply chuckled and put on a shit-eating grin when he saw Mami. "Well doll, if you came all this way out here for me, just say so."

"That's not what I'm here for." Mami said in a dark tone almost matching the tone of an angry mother as she uncrossed her arms and held her soul gem in one hand before transforming and holding a musket to him. "I'm giving you the chance to return what you stole." She said as she glared at the man who was unfazed by the fact there was a musket in front of him.

"Or what...?" He asked now beginning to regret asking as Mami pulled out her phone and showed the recording as the man's eyes widened. "Or...I can show this to the police and they can track you down even when you sell the puzzle. Your choice, give up what you stole and leave with a free warning or a lifetime in jail."

The man began to sweat hard as Joey hid in one corner of the alleyway and Mami nodded to him before the man caught on to what was going on before throwing a knife at Mami and running away before getting a broken jaw from Joey before Mami tied the man up in ribbons and wrote down a note for someone to see:

This man has hurt an innocent child, throw the book at him.
~M.

Mami sighed as she handed the puzzle back to Joey and he smiled at her. "Relax, I won't tell anyone, like I promised Kyoko. Besides, don't you worry 'bout it." Joey said as Mami smiled and walked away as did Joey to return the puzzle to Yugi and pick up the medicine to Madoka.

As Mami walked by the nearby bookstore, she never knew that something was watching her with bright red beady eyes...