Puella: 15

Two months have passed since the trial with Shadi and Kyoko enrolled to Domino High as a new student so she could hang out with her friends and help them out in case if they got into any trouble with anything.

The beginning of digital pets had begun and became so popular, nearly all of the students had either brought one to school or had died because of how terrible pet owners they can be. Madoka had one but it kept on staring at her and made no noise to her if it was hungry or she should clean up it's "business" after eating.

Madoka felt like she should either leave it back at the game shop and concentrate on her studies but a part of her wants to see what her pet wanted as Kyoko showed her pet, which looked like a candle shaped cat with a little flame and smile on its face as she fed her little pet she had called Blaze as it meowed at her.

"Jeez, how are you still hungry? I just fed you!" She said as it purred as the side of the screen before Kyoko smiled at Blaze before nuzzling the charm as Joey walked over to Kyoko. "Morning Kyoko! How's your pet doing?!" He asked as she smiled at Joey before Yugi came by with Téa and Tristan behind him as Yugi's pet made a little sound as he pulled out a small little keychain and began to feed his little digital pet.

"Can I see, Yugi?" Madoka asked as Yugi nodded before showing a little round ball with large eyes, crazy hair like Yugi's and arms sticking out of the hair. "Awww! It's so cute!" She gushed as the little pet chirped from its game almost like it was adoring the comment from Madoka.

"It looks just like you, Yugi!" Kyoko said as her game made a little noise as Kyoko saw what it was and made a disgusted sound. "Oh, that's why you needed to eat." Kyoko said as she pressed a button and it cleaned up after her pet. "I named him U2! It's strange, even though it's just a game, you really get attached to your digital pet." Yugi said as he turned to Joey.

"Show me your pet, Joey!" Yugi said as Joey showed his pet to his friends and they all grimaced at the image of his pet. "It's so ugly!" Téa shouted as Kyoko saw and stifled her laughter. "It looks like a carrot with an attitude!" Kyoko laughed out loud before falling and clutching her gut as she continued laughing as Joey growled at the red head. "Shut up!" he shouted at Kyoko who was still laughing.

"They say you transfer your personality into your pet in the way you take care of it! So with thousands of creature types, you can infinite number of pets, all of them unique! That's what makes it so much fun!" Yugi said as he turned to Tristan. "Do you have a digital pet, Tristan...?" Yugi asked as Tristan shook his head.

"Naw, it's not my thing...I've got a dog at home though. I'm too busy taking care of a real pet to have time for digital ones, but my dog just came into heat. She's been driving me nuts! Least you don't have to worry 'bout that with digital pets." Tristan said as Madoka was beet red after hearing about his dog. "TMI Tristan, TMI." She said as Yugi continued talking about digital pets before she headed to her next class before hearing Joey's outburst.

She placed her head on the desk and groaned out loud before the bell rang for class to begin and Madoka took notes from her classes but she couldn't shake the awful feeling of dread filling her entire body as she packed up her things and she noticed that her pet, she called QB, had been quiet the entire day as she checked to see that it was still staring at her and moving its tail left to right as it continued staring at her before she placed it in her pocket and began heading to the game shop.

~~~Kyu~~~

The next day at school, Madoka and Kyoko heard Joey shout something about data as they rushed over to see what the fuss was about as Joey told both Kyoko and Madoka about his pet gone from his game and they saw that the screen was blank.

Madoka felt chills down her spine as did Kyoko as they went to talk to Yugi about Joey's missing pet as Joey showed him the empty game and Madoka looked to her game and her pet was still quiet at her, no noise if it was hungry or done something after it ate. "Mine's been quiet the entire time since I got it." She said as Kyoko saw it and got confused, she pressed a button for the food and it ate silently as it stared at Kyoko before she handed it to Madoka as she put it back in her pocket before hearing Téa scream.

They rushed over and saw Téa with an empty game in her hand just like Joey as she began telling them what happened. "Kujidara's pet ate your pet, Téa?!" Kyoko asked as Téa nodded her head before Madoka had a bad feeling about Yugi before rushing off to find Yugi before hearing him scream out his pet's name as she opened the classroom door to see Yugi cheering for his pet as the sound of something being destroyed as she walked to him and saw U2 looking happy to be alive and beat the monster that devoured his friends.

Madoka was glad that U2 was alright as well before staring at her game and QB stares at her before linking up her pet with Yugi's and the two stared at each other before the noise for data exchange was complete.

Then both Madoka and Yugi headed back to the game shop to rest up as Madoka exited the bathroom as she dried off her hair, she knew that U2 and QB would disappear the next day as she smiled before heading to bed, as for Yugi, he stayed up watching U2 and QB until they disappeared as their data said that they only live up to 21 days and the next day was this was the last day until they are wiped from the game.

Madoka closed her eyes and let sleep overtake her as she snuggled into the warm blankets surrounding her entire body.

"Night Yugi." She said as the light went out in his room.