Aches And Pains

Jungkook wakes up in a cage. No, a jail cell. There's light coming in the barred window that Jungkook moves to avoid. Sitting up he tries to remember how he ended up here.

The van he was taken to was lined with silver in the back. No amount of strength could free him. Then they shot him with a drug that made him too weak to fight anymore.

Jungkook's head aches as he gets to his feet. He grabs the bars ignoring the burn of the metal. There's nothing to see but a hall of more cells. He must be in an old prison.

Someone went through a lot of trouble to remodel this to hold a vampire. Jungkook drops his hands to his sides as his looks at the thick walls. He seriously doubts his ability to break through the concrete or the silver bars. Maybe he could free himself if he had time and his system was free of whatever drug his was knocked out with.

"Hey!" Jungkook  shouts. He kicks the bars with enough to force to make them ring out. A taunting song. They're deep set in the ground and ceiling and don't budge.

He wants to know who put him in here. They didn't smell human. Now they've put Jungkook in here without any food and protection from the sun. He wants to know why.

Jungkook hears footsteps long before someone appears in front of him. He listens intently. A man, he guesses. His pupils dilate as he focuses. The smell of him reminds Jungkook of the few other witches he'd come in to contact with. When he sees the witch's face, he's smiling.

"Why am I here?" Jungkook demands. He tries to speak with authority he doesn't feel. The man doesn't seem swayed.

"You'll find out soon enough."

***

Hoseok is dead to the world by the time the other vampires get to him. Heejin had stayed by his side — holding the silver net off of Hoseok as much as she could — while waiting for the vampires to sniff them out. It didn't take long.

Yoongi was the first one to kneel on the ground. He reaches his hands under the net, ignoring the way it burned his wrists at the touch. He cupped Hoseok's face and spoke softly but received no answer.

Jimin and Namjoon both pulled at opposite sides of the net until the anchors in the ground finally give. Taehyung helps them pull the net away from Hoseok and his burnt skin.

Heejin moves away to let Seokjin kneel.

"Shit," Yoongi says. He keeps a cool hand on Hoseok's forehead. The burns aren't pretty. Bones and tendons are exposed in places. It's likely Hoseok fell into a hibernation state to lessen the pain while he's body tried to heal. "He needs to feed."

Seokjin looks at the dead witch on the ground beside them. The work of Jungkook surely. Moving quickly, the eldest drags the body closer. He mutely notices Heejin turning away from the scene. Seokjin is numb to the gore. He's seen much worse, although he hates to see it on Hoseok. He digs his nails into the bite wound and tears it open until blood flows at a decent pace.

Yoongi tilts Hoseok's chin up — the younger vampire's head in his sire's lap — and parts his lips so Seokjin can position the witch's arm above him. Blood spills into the unconscious vampire's mouth.

Seokjin looks back at the others. "You should head after Jungkook. "

"What clan?" Taehyung asks.

Yoongi reaches for the witch's shirt collar. He tugs it down to reveal a tattoo on his neck of a raven. The symbol of his clan. "Ambrose."

"Tell us when he wakes up," Namjoon says. He rests his hands on Taehyung and Jimin's arms to urge them forward. "We'll tell you if we find Kook."

Seokjin and Yoongi are left with Hoseok as the others disappear quickly into the woods. Heejin is still beside them.

"I-" the fae begins. "Is there anything I can do?"

"The blood you brought for us. Bring some here. A dozen bags or so," Seokjin orders. Heejin nods and she rushes off.

Yoongi looks at Hoseok's face and struggles to stay calm.

"Breath Yoongi-yah," Seokjin reminds him. "I know it's hard to see him in pain, but he'll be okay."

"He always is," Yoongi thinks aloud. He traces his hand down Hoseok's cheek. "It's harder when it's him. I'm his sire. I should've gone today."

"Don't start wallowing in pity. We don't have time for that." Seokjin waits for Yoongi to look at him. They're both taken back to the times when it was just the two of them. It was neither better nor worse than it is now, but the memories are pleasant. "Remember the fall of Rome?"

"Of course."

"We got everyone out of that mess."

Yoongi pauses. The scent of blood is strong in his nose as he tries to think back. "It was just me, you, Hobi, and Joon back then."

"Right. And the emperor was too busy trying to kill us to tend to his empire. Thought we were demons Satan sent to destroy him."

"I believe he thought you were Satan. The rest of us were just your footmen," Yoongi chuckles.

"I had forgotten." Seokjin smiles at the younger. "But my point still stands. This will be nothing for us."

"Maybe for us. Not for Jungkook." Yoongi closes his eyes. "He's still transitioning. This could break him."

"Jungkook is strong," Seokjin assures. "We'll get him out before any real damage can be done."

A sudden fury of movement ends the conversation. Hoseok had sunk his teeth into the dead witch's arm to feed more intensely. He's awake. The wounds covering his body are beginning to heal as more and more blood fills him. Guttural growls leave his mouth but the two older vampires stroke his hair tenderly to help calm the rage of feeding.

Hoseok pulls back from the witch when he is tired of stale blood. Yoongi offers his wrist and Hoseok doesn't hesitate to bite down. His sire's blood is fresh and grounding. It takes a while for him to stop feeding. Hoseok takes a few deep breaths.

"Jungkook-" he begins hoarsely.

"The others are looking for him now. Rest," Yoongi orders gently. It's far too tender for creatures like them. They've endured so much torment and pain over the centuries, there's no reason for them to still have so much kindness. Maybe it's only towards one another, but they don't really need anyone else.

"He-" Hoseok chokes. Heejin is close to them again, bags of blood with her. They'll need to hurry to heal Hoseok.

"Shh," Seokjin hushes. "Don't worry about him right now. We'll go after him as soon as you're okay."

Hoseok's eyes slip shut again. His hyungs have never let him down before. They wouldn't start now.