Blood Magic

"We need your blood."

Jungkook stares down the witch in front of him. They want the vampire's blood. Some sort of spell, if he had to guess. Jungkook doesn't intend to let them take it. He has a responsibility as a vampire to protect his hyungs secrets, even if Jungkook doesn't know what they are. If the witches want vampire blood, it can't be good.

The witch who spoke fumbles with the keys. They have to open the door. Stupid. Even Jungkook knows it's a mistake to open the door when he's conscious. Especially now.

Jungkook hasn't fed in hours. By his guess, he's been here for half a day. They haven't given him a drop of blood. It's been far too long for a fledgling to starve. Jungkook's stomach is clentched and his mouth is watering. The witch in front of him is so so close. His veins are full with blood ripe for the taking.

Come on, Jungkook pleads in his head. He doesn't know what he's asking for. An opening? A single chance to strike?

"Wait," a voice calls from down the hall. Someone must be hesitating. The witch turns his head, taking his eyes off Jungkook for just a moment. A fatal error.

Jungkook lunges. He reaches between the bars and grabs the witch's arm. He pulls. The witch fall face first into the bars and doesn't have time to pull away. Jungkook sinks his teeth into his arm. Blood fills his mouth and he snarls. Jungkook didn't know he could make that sound. It's guttural and feral, something straight from the depths of hell.

Blindly, Jungkook holds onto the witch. Someone tries to pull him away, but Jungkook is strong. He's gotten hold of his prey and he won't be letting go anytime soon. Witch blood is different than humans'. It's full of magic and power. Strength fills Jungkook's bones. The witch goes limp.

Jungkook doesn't let go until the flow of blood stops. The witch's body falls to the floor, already dead. Jungkook grips the bars. His hands burn but the power in him burns more. He wants more. More blood. More of the witches' power. He pulls. The bar creak. His hand slips. He tries again. The foundation cracks as Jungkook's strength outmatches the construction.

The bars give.

Jungkook lunges. Free at last.

Whatever a human is, Jungkook isn't it. Not when his rational thought crumbles and succumbs to bloodlust. His surroundings disappear until all he sees is prey. Witches who panic at the sight of him. Good. Their fear makes them sloppy. None of them can mutter a single spell before Jungkook reaches them.

Jungkook certainly doesn't look human. Snarls and hisses fall from his parted mouth as he attacks everything with a beating heart. Instinct makes it easy. His fangs tear straight through flesh and into arteries. He does what he's made for.

Escaping doesn't cross Jungkook's mind. He could leave. He could run. But he'd rather kill everyone he can get his hands on.

***

The Ambrose witches have given the vampires problems in the past. The clan has run them out countries, attempted to curse them, and enjoyed making them suffer. Kidnapping a vampire, however, is a new low.

"They're near," Jimin says quietly. He, Namjoon, and Taehyung are crouched against the wall of an old prison that they tracked the witches' scents to. Now, they smell blood.

"Do you think Jungkook freed himself?" Taehyung asks. He peers around the area. There's no sign of anyone else.

"He might've," Namjoon answers. He stands and approaches the gates. Jimin and Taehyung follow close behind. With a little brute strength, Namjoon breaks the chains around the gate. The smell of blood is getting stronger by the second. Jungkook is the only one nearby that could cause such a thing. "Come on."