Cruel

Blood. There's blood in the air. It's close. A block away at most. Flowing freely from someone's veins. It'd take just a second to reach. A second more for Jungkook to sink his teeth-

A hand clamps down on Jungkook's arm.

Jungkook's mind slams back to earth. He whips his head to look at Seokjin. The older man locks eyes intently.

"Jungkook," Seokjin says firmly. "Focus. Stop breathing. Feel the ground beneath your feet and my hand on you. Listen to my voice. There's more to this moment than blood. It doesn't control you Jungkook."

Jungkook stares at the iris of Seokjin's eye. The web of color is spun deep. Browns of every shade exist in that small space, from the lightest honey to the deepest black. The world exists in Seokjin's eyes. Jungkook holds his breath.

The eldest vampire has taken Jungkook out with the promise of teaching him to hunt. There is an opportunity for Jungkook to taste fresh blood again and he'd die for it. Or rather, he'd kill for it. Seokjin is going to try and avoid that.

"Someone's bleeding," Seokjin continues. "What does that mean for us?"

"I-" Jungkook avoids inhaling, even if it's instinct. It wouldn't settle him right now. "Someone's hurt themselves? I don't know."

"That's okay. It can mean a lot of things. We have a scent to follow. We have an open wound to feed from — one we don't have inflict ourselves." Seokjin places his hands on Jungkook's shoulders. "I want you to breath. Tell me what you smell."

Jungkook nods uncertainly. He takes a small breath at first, unsure if he can handle it. Seokjin's touch is grounding however. Everything inside Jungkook is telling him to pounce. There is wounded prey out there that he could be sweeping up. Instead, he focuses on Seokjin.

"It's a woman. Late twenties." Jungkook pauses. The blood is... sour? "She's not healthy."

"That's good. You did well. We can smell disease that effects the blood. She won't taste great and she won't fulfill your hunger. It's best to leave her be." Seokjin is calm as he speaks. It's almost unnerving to Jungkook. They're talking about hunting people. People with lives and families and friends. Not prey.

"So where do we start?" Jungkook asks. His stomach is twisting up tight.

"If we can't find food, we let it come to us. Trap it where we can feed without being seen and without raising suspicion. It's easy to meet people at bars and lure them to a motel. It's best if they're unconscious too so they don't remember being fed on," Seokjin explains. Jungkook's stomach tightens again. He doesn't know if he can wait for long.

"Are we doing that tonight?"

"No. It's hardest to feed in public so I'm teaching you that first. Listen to me though. You should never feed in public unless you have no other options. It's risky." Seokjin gestures to himself and Jungkook. Both of them are dressed in complete black. Face masks and hats included. No one could possibly recognize them on a security camera. It's nearly impossible to focus on discretion when there's a pit in his stomach.

Jungkook nods anyway. It's likely someone saw him on his blood spree when he first turned. They're all lucky that no one has made it public. Or maybe there were other supernaturals who helped keep the truth quiet. Jungkook knows he shouldn't push his luck. He needs to be careful if he feeds again. Just the thought of fresh blood makes his control slip.

"Kook-ah."

Jungkook's eyes snap open. When had he closed them? His gums ache from where his fangs have emerged.

"Control takes time," Seokjin says. He sighs and takes in the sight of Jungkook. "Today we're just focusing on not biting someone while you feed. Don't worry about the rest. I'll take care of it for now."

The Truth About Vampires (Bts vampire au)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें