Onward

Being outcast by a community does not mean you can ignore it. Unfortunately, that is the case for the vampires when it comes to the rest of the supernaturals. The majority will always have power over the minority, even if the minority is seven immortal vampires.

"I don't see why we all have to go to Seoul," Hoseok complains. He sat on the larger couch with Jimin laying across his lap. "We have a mansion in Ilsan for a reason."

"Yeah," Taehyung agrees from his seat by the dark window, "to stay away from shit like this."

"It's only for one day," Yoongi says. "Jackson just asked us to keep him safe during the convention. If anyone figured out he tipped us off, they might go after him."

The oldest vampire reaches up to rub his temples. Seokjin doesn't want to go to Seoul right now either. But he has principles. "We all owe Jackson for his tip about the council meeting."

Jackson let the vampires know the council was holding a meeting about the massacre Jungkook caused in Busan back when they had just come to town. It let them defend themselves right away thus saving them trouble in the long run.

"We are all going as a thank you," Seokjin continues. Returning a favor is the least they can do. "Besides, I thought we didn't want to get separated again. Even if it is just a day."

Jimin sighs. "That's true."

"Fine," Taehyung gives in with a sigh.

"What is this convention thing anyway?" Jungkook asks. He's tucked against Namjoon's side with Jimin's feet in his lap. For most of this conversation, he's been listening quietly, but he's still confused.

"Oh, right," Seokjin says apologetically. "Every year the country's council holds a convention with prominent members of the community. It's supposed to show unity and encourage faith in the system. There's a lot of advertising and finding allies. We used to attend Korea's every year, but we haven't gone as a group in thirty years."

"It was part of our separation agreement," Namjoon explains. "Who attended last years?"

"Me," Hoseok answers with a groan. "That's why I didn't want to go this year if I could avoid it. It was horrendous."

"Only because we weren't there with you," Jimin says teasingly. Hoseok rolls his eyes.

"It's boring," Hoseok says to Jungkook. "A lot of speeches and judgmental looks. Like a rich people party. Why are rich people always so boring?"

"Sometimes it's interesting," Taehyung says. "I remember one year, a harpy and a dragon got into a fight. That wasn't boring at all."

"But we're hoping this year is peaceful and stress free." Seokjin sends a sharp look in Taehyung's direction. "Aren't we Taehyung?"

Taehyung meets Seokjin's glare fearlessly. He grins. "Of course hyung."

"We wouldn't even be going if Jackson hadn't asked," Yoongi says. "We figured that a break would be good after everything. And the hassle of feeding all of us is something we wanted to avoid."

"We'll have to take blood to Seoul with us right?" Namjoon asks. "Hunting is a bad idea with the convention in town. We won't be able to set up a supply on short notice."

"Well, that's what we wanted to talk to you guys about," Seokjin says. "We are going to be bringing a large supply of blood. It'll be more than enough for the six hour drive and the time we'll be in Seoul."

"Sounds simple enough," Jimin says..

"But they won't let us bring blood into the convention. You know how they are," Yoongi reminds everyone. "That'll be at least five hours without feeding."