Past and Present

Jungkook's neck is scarred. His skin is white with the memory of fangs. He's not sure if it'll fade or not. Vampires aren't supposed to scar, so Jeohei's knife must've done something to the healing process besides slowing it down.

Jungkook doesn't pay much attention to it. The others do. It's not Jungkook's only scar, but it's the only scar he'll ever get as a vampire.

Namjoon's eyes linger on the scar every time he sees Jungkook. Namjoon can't stop thinking about Jeohei's words.

How can you forgive the person who murdered you?

"Hyung," Jungkook says. Namjoon is staring again. His brows are drawn tight and he's squinting. The trademark thinking face. "What's up?"

Namjoon shakes himself out his head. "Nothing. Nothing. Just-" Namjoon sighs and rubs his temples.

They're both downstairs in the living room. Jungkook had been watching tv, but he pauses it to focus on his hyung.

"If you hadn't turned, I'd never known you. You'd just be another victim of a vampire, and I wouldn't have given you a second thought." Namjoon's frown is hard for Jungkook to look at. "But because you turned, I do know you. And I get to feel guilty over you."

"You shouldn't feel guilty. I got to meet you guys because you bit me. I get to be apart of something. It's not all rainbows and sunshine, but I'm... happy."

Namjoon forces a smile, but it looks solemn. "That's good. I'm happy you're happy."

Jungkook smiles brightly in contrast. "I could never regret meeting you hyung."

"I guess I'm worried you blame me for taking your life away," Namjoon confesses. They haven't talked about this since Jungkook first turned. Maybe they should have.

"Did you blame Jin-hyung?" Jungkook asks instead of answering.

"That was a long time ago." Namjoon pulls his legs up on the couch and crosses them. "I think I did. Not for turning me, but for biting me in the first place. Those feelings didn't last long obviously. I realized very quickly that Jin-hyung was someone I didn't mind living with for eternity. That I wanted to be with him and the others forever."

"Then you know how I feel," Jungkook says. "But I never blamed you. I didn't take it personal. Especially not after I knew what it felt like to be on the other end of the fangs."

Namjoon chuckles. "Thanks Jungkook. You always make me feel better."

Jungkook beams. His hyungs always make him feel great. If he can return the favor even a fraction, then he'll be happy.

***

Introducing new music to his hyungs is more fun than Jungkook thought it'd be. Mostly because be wasn't expecting them to like it so much. It's not like they haven't heard new music, but there's such a large quantity of songs that they didn't know how to access.

Setting up vampires with Spotify accounts was certainly interesting. Soundcloud was harder to navigate for them.

Jungkook can only blame himself when someone is blasting music across the mansion.

Upon investigation, it's Taehyung's speakers.

"Kook-ah! Dance with me!" Taehyung demands from the center of his room.

Jungkook smiles brightly and steps into the room. The song playing is a modern girl group that Jungkook can't name. Taehyung has no shame dancing to the beat.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asks with laughter.

Taehyung rolls his eyes and dances over to Jungkook. He grabs the fledglings hands and drags him to the center of the room. Jungkook lets Taehyung guide his movements.

It's been a while since Jungkook has danced. He used to love it. He even took classes. But a lot has changed since then. Still, he lets himself smile and sway to the music with Taehyung. He feels a little silly, but he doesn't care too much. Taehyung certainly isn't worried about looking silly.

"I love music!" Taehyung announces over the song. He lifts their arms in the arm. "Always have!"

Jungkook smiles brightly, waving to the beat. "I-"

The sound of an ad blasting full volume cuts him off. Both vampires cringe and cover their ears as a monotone voice advertises some college. Taehyung darts over to his speaker and turns the volume down quickly.

"Jesus!" Taehyung groans. "That ruined the mood."

Jungkook giggles and uncovers his ears. "A little bit. Maybe we shouldn't listen to music so loud when our ears are so sensitive."

"But that's the fun part!" Taehyung scowls at his phone as he waits for the ad to be over. Then he turns the next song up, although to a less deadly level this time.

"We're gonna bother everyone," Jungkook points out.

Taehyung just shrugs. "I've been bothering them for the past eight hundred years."

As soon as the words leave Taehyung's mouth, Yoongi appears in the doorway. "Isn't that the truth."

"Ah, hyung," Taehyung stutters. "Wanna dance?"

Yoongi crosses his arms and stares down Taehyung. "You're dancing and you didn't invited everyone?"

"Dance party!" Taehyung shouts at the top of his lungs. Jungkook flinches before laughing. "There. I invited everyone."

Jimin and Hoseok leave skid marks in the hallway on their way to Taehyung's room.

"You called?" Hoseok asks. He wraps his arms around Yoongi and lifts the older vampire off the ground to carry him further into the room.

"Hey," Yoongi scolds lightly. Hoseok huffs and puts him down.

Jungkook doesn't expect to pulled into a dance circle with Jimin and Taehyung, but he doesn't fight it either.

Seokjin and Namjoon enter the room much calmer.

"What are you kids doing?" Seokjin asks. Taehyung only waves in his direction. "Fine. I'll join too."

"Yay!" Taehyung exclaims. He grabs Jungkook's arm and spins him before dipping him, catching the startled fledgling in his arms.

"You scared me," Jungkook says. He's clinging to Taehyung's arms so he doesn't accidentally hit the ground.

"I won't drop you. Promise." Taehyung smiles so brightly that Jungkook has to believe him.