Witness

The judge announced the beginning of the last trial and everyone sat in dead silence eager to watch the face off.
"prosecutor you can proceed"
Suga stood up stiffly and dusted his coat before he faked a cough to start
"your honour, the defendant here, Mr. Kim Taehyung is a very clever person by nature. He managed to run such a huge firm without any assistance or advice that proves his intellect beyond question"

All were listening keenly including jungkook, he had his ear dug into suga's words to carefully note any fact that may be useful for defence.

"but his success had blinded the eyes of the people including his family for that sake"

Taehyung never raised his head, he constantly kept looking down,  Sharply listening to all that he had to say silently.

"little that everyone knew that HE WAS AN ADOPTED SON!!" suga raised his voice "this person is not the LEGAL SON of Mr. And Mrs. Kim." he finished sprinkling salt into everyone's mouth, all watched him gape mouthed and the court was filled with expressions of shock and awes.

"here's the evidence for the same" he handed over a sheet of paper to the jury.

"so your honour, my claim is that he killed his so called father-say Mr. Kim for acquiring the property in his possession before his brother does" he said coldly.

Taehyung now lifted u phis gaze and glared at suga for a minute untill jungkook got up swiftly,
"objection your honour"

The crowd again awed at his response and the jury now circulated the paper to the justice, who granted jungkook permission after reading the whole sheet through his half moon spectacles "yes proceed"

Jungkook walked to the centre and turned to the audience
"if kim Taehyung was an adopted son and if he killed his father for the property then i shall remind you all one thing that he didnt grab the possession, he was granted it legally and the evidence for that is here"

Jungkook handed over few sheets to the jury and projected it on the monitor for all to see. It had the details of the last will of Mr. Kim which read :
If i am not able to lead the firm and holdings further for whatever reasons unspecified i shall make it my will for my son kim Taehyung to lead the above with all rights and ownership in my position with no exceptions

People exchanged looks of shock with each other. Taehyung looked down again but this time his eyes dripped water silent enough only for jungkook to see and jimin to know.

"so he was always given preference over minjae, his brother, in terms of everything in life despite being the adopted son, which is why i deny that he killed his father for the possession that was already his"

Jungkook took a breath "thats it your honour" and took his seat holding Taehyung's fist under the table comforting him.

The judge nodded his head and scribbled on his paper before he called for the defending lawyer's claims.
"lawyer jungkook, do you have any thing else to say"

Jungkook shot uo in his seat like he was anticipating this to come and spoke without hesitation
"yes your honour i have witness for the culprit"

Everyone sent waves of shock and taehyung was cluelessly gaping at jungkook. Seoyoon was hopefully holding her hands together. Minjae looked here and there in confusion and jimin frowned at his statement (culprit?? Witness??? Who could it be??)

"my witness is lee seoyoon, PA of kim taehyung"

Seoyoon widened her eyes and facepalmed herself virtually. She didnt want to be exposed out in the public like this. That also didnt matter, all that mattered was taehyung's response. He would murder her for making a statement against his brother in the public.

'im dead' she thought as she climbed onto the witness stand.

"my witness is lee seoyoon, PA of kim taehyung"

***

°_° her eyes widened "me??"

Jimin looked at her perplexed, "go"  he spoke just one word, at last that was what could escape from his mouth.
She slowly got up and grew stiff until jimin pushed her from behind. She walked up to the witness stand and faced jungkook but her eyes were fixed only on one person, Taehyung.

After her oath she was reluctant to even breath another word, just when
"Ms. Seoyoon, aren't you the current PA for Mr. Kim Taehyung" jungkook questioned her.
She glared at him cause he was supposed to keep this a  Secret believing which she revealed her suspicions, but who in the devil world would break it out in the court like this.
"ye yes"

"Ms. Seoyoon tell me what you said the other day" he opened bluntly.

"what... About what"

"about the culprit, you said something about it go on, tell me, no need to fear"

She was not scared at all because she had already decided that this was her last day, the way a man sitting opposite her was staring at her made her virtually dead in her grave. She stammered to begin,

"that... That was actually... The day i was kidnapped i got to feel this peculiar smell with the culprit. At first it didnt strike me but later i realised that the scent was... Was similar to... "

Jungkook looked with high anticipation, he nodded at her gesturing her to go on but some certain stares were burrying the words that came up till her vocal cords.

"similar to.." she gulped

"kim minjae!!"