Chapter 4: Meeting Him

Tanaka Yuki POV

Running out of the room as quickly as my legs could take me, I run towards the tennis courts where I could sign up for the tennis club. As I reach the tennis courts, I saw a blue hair stranger with a headband on, I can feel that he has a different aura than the others. A sign of superiority, he feels much stronger than the other people around him, and that when I was certain that he was the captain of the tennis club.

Strolling along with the tennis courts, I saw people who were worth noticing, like the bald guy that look Brazilian and the guy with the whitish rat tail hair who always says, "Puri." I decided that it was time to sign up otherwise I wouldn't be in a club, I walked up the blue hair guy and ask him, "Captain, how can I get a signup sheet to the tennis club?" and he smiled at me and answered, "No need to call me captain, my name is Yukimura Seiichi. There are some signup sheets are in my bag, let me get it for you."

I took the signup sheet he handed me and found a table nearby where I could write all the information needed. After completing the sheet, I gave it to the blue hair guy so he could read it. He scanned the sheet and placed it in his bag, he commanded to hit some balls from the machine so he can test my skills.

I easily returned the given balls from the machines while the people around me stood in disbelief since the speed of the ball is on the highest level, Yukimura applauded which everyone followed and started applauding too. "You earned the privilege to play against a regular member of Rikkaidai, if you win the match then you can become a regular," Yukimura told me.

Yukimura called over a guy that had pinkish hair and was blowing bubblegum who was called Marui. We started the match by calling smooth (front) or rough (back) and spin a racquet on its head to see if the landing side is on the smooth (front) or rough (back). The person who guessed the landing side can decide to either serve or defer, letting the opponent serve. I choose smooth and he chose rough, we spun the racquet and it landed on smooth which means it was my serve. We got to our places and I started the game with my specialty, the twist serve. Marui was caught off guard which made the game 15-0, it was my serve again so I decided to use the twist serve again. I choose smooth and he chose rough, we spun the racquet and it landed on smooth which means it was my serve. We got to our places and I started the game with my specialty, the twist serve. Marui was caught off guard which made the game 15-0, it was my serve again so I decided to use the twist serve again. 

The game ended with a score of 6-3, there was huge applause after the game has ended. "Mada mada dane, senpai." I mocked Marui while laughing at him. Yukimura came towards me with a bunch of guys who I suppose was the regulars of Rikkaidai, they came to congratulate me after winning and tease Marui for losing to a girl.

Yukimura told me that my uniform for being a regular is going to arrive the next day, practice is near over so everyone was prepared to go home. I bid them farewell and took a train back home, today was interesting.