Chapter 13: Singles 1

Sorry for not updating regularly but I tried my best to do so, holidays is in three days time. I can already predict that the holidays are going to be really boring. I feel really proud of myself becuase I finished updating myself on "The Promised Neverland".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yukimura Seiichi POV

When I was going to the stairs after getting off the train station, my legs felt numb and was unable to move. It caused me to fall down the stairs and lie there for approximately 30 seconds until the others realized what had just happened. I can see Yuki standing at the top of the stairs staring at me, she looked worried and scared. Yuki rushed downstairs to see if I was okay while the other called an ambulance since I couldn't move an inch which means that I may suffer a serious injury.

The ambulance quickly arrived and took me to the hospital, when I arrived at the hospital there were a group of doctors examining my body to see if everything was fine. After the examination, the others arrived and came to see me. One of the doctors asked them if anyone of them are my relatives or parents, Yuki told them that either my relatives or parents are here. Since there wasn't any other option, the doctor took her to his office to discuss something. Sanada and Yanagi were asking if I was okay and that I will be able to play in Kanagawa, Kanto Regional and National Tournament. Unfortunately, the doctors didn't tell me anything about my condition and are leaving me in the dark, I want to know the answer to that question since it will affect the possibility of us winning our third national championships.

The doctor and Yuki came out of his office after some time, Yuki seemed a bit depressed and sad about something. I could tell that I might not be able to play tennis again, Yuki walked up to us and told us the sad truth about what is happening. She told me that I have an illness similar to the Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which is an illness when my limbs are paralyzed. She also told us to I can undergo a surgery to cure it, but there is a 50 percent chance that it will not work and I may be disabled forever. Since it was a 50 per cent chance that the surgery won't work and a 50 percent that the surgery will work. I wanted the best for me and agreed to the surgery even though the others strongly disagree with my idea. Since I may not be in the tournaments, there will be a missing spot for Rikkaidai's Singles 1.

*one week passed*

Today is the Kanagawa tournament and I was certain that RIkkaidai will win all our matches without losing a single point or game. I waited for the regulars for the good news, in the afternoon, Yuki and the others came to visit me. They told me that we won all our matches with a straight-set, I was elated to hear the good news but it wasn't a surprise to me since we are Rikkaidai, the national champions. We will advance and win the Kanto Regional Tournament. Sanada and Yanagi bought me some food like apples and bananas from the nearby convenience store, Kirihara tried to peel the skin off the fruits so that I can eat them but he was failing at it badly. The doctors came in and arranged my surgery to be 4 days away and I knew that the Kanto Regional tournament is held one week later, which means that I can't make it to the Kanto Regional Tournament even if the surgery cures my illness since I will need to go to the rehabilitation centre to recover my senses after not walking for a long time.

*one week passed*

Rikkaidai will attend the Kanto Regional Tournament and win all our matches and go the Nationals as champions like we did the last 2 years. I  wanted to go to the Kanto regional tournament but because of this illness, I might never be able to play tennis again. Tennis is and was my life, what do I do now? I feel so bad for not participating and be there for my teammates, I am the captain who is supposed to lead the team but now I am in a hospital while they are fighting for our third national championships.

Tanaka Yuki POV

The match with Sanada was exhausting but I forced him to use his Fu Rin Ka In Zan Rai (wind, forest, fire, shadow mountain and lightning) and Muga no Kyochi (state of self-realization) which is the names of Sanada's special techniques. I eventually won the match, taking the spot for Singles 1. The bus driver was waiting outside the school for us to board his bus so we walked through the crowd to board the bus. On the way to the venue was very chaotic since Sanada and I were using a towel to clean up yourself and Kirihara was fighting with Marui over some candy. This match with Sanada nearly cost us to be disqualified for being late but we still arrived on the venus on time since we were taking shortcuts. We reported to the officials and went to our allocated court, I read our lineup for the finals. For Singles 1, Me versus Ryoma, for Singles 2, Kirihara versus Fuji, for Singles 3, Yanagi versus Inui, for Doubles 1, Nio and Yagyu versus Oishi and Kikumura, for Doubles 2, Marui and Jackal versus Momoshiro and Kaido.

My match was the first on up since that how the Kanto Regional Tournament operates, Seigaku was already there warming up. I saw Ryoma glancing at me showing that he knows that I am his opponent, I gave him a cold glare telling him I that I will come out as the victor. Some of his senpais were trying to start a conversation with me but I ignored them. There was a maximum of 5 minutes until the matches start, I decided warmed by doing some lunges and stretches. The empire entered the court and everyone went back to their places, Ryoma and I went toward the empire to shake hands with each other as a sign of good sportsmanship and the spirit of the game.

The match started with a racket spin, I chose smooth while Ryoma chose rough. The empire spun the racquet and it landed on smooth which means that I can either serve first or choose the side I want to play on. I told the empire that I wanted to serve first while Ryoma chooses the side he wants to play on. It was my first time playing with a southpaw (left-handed player). I also knew that since Ryoma also knows how to serve the twist serve, it won't be easy for me to win him.