Chapter 6: Jackal

My brain is officially dead, it just won't work. I have school studies, sports, and this, my life is so depressing. When can I ever go on a vacation to China or Japan? My life is now so boring since homework is no fun, my brain is already dead and can't really think of anything to write, games are getting lame and social media doesn't interest me at all! I guess the cause of all this might be because of the fire near Sydney and the ever changing weather, giving us rain, smoke, and dust. I am seriously concerned for my wellbeing. *-*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanaka Yuki POV

I woke up the next day with dark eye-bags indicating I was still really tired, I know that even if I am tired, I still need to go to school. My mind persuades me to get ready for school but my body just refuses its orders, so I decided to slap myself to wake myself up.

I managed to drag myself out of bed and got ready for school by packing my backpack and tennis bag, I noticed that Ryoma wasn't in the house but that didn't bother me at all. I had to leave early to catch the train because there is tennis practice before school and after school. After walking sometime, I entered the train station and boarded the train which goes towards the school.

Time passed and I arrived at Rikkaidai for the tennis practice but I was 2 minutes late causing me to get scolded by the vice captain Sanada Gen'ichiro and to run extra laps around the courts. After all the boring stretching and hitting, we got to play matched between each other. Yukimura assigned me to play with Jackal, from the information I got, Jackal is a defence specialist who has great defence and stamina.

Jackal was kind and allowed me to choose either to serve or the side I wanted to play on. I choose not to serve since he watched the game between me and Marui and might be able to return my twist serve, Jackal served an easy ball for me, probably because he wants to test out my skills.

The game was pretty tiring since Jackal has outstanding stamina but that doesn't mean I will lose, I have been training for tennis ever since I was very small. 

Jackal Kuwahara POV

This match isn't going to be easy since her stamina isn't bad, she seemed to be sweating but her breathing is normal. On the other side, I am starting to lose my concentration as the game goes on. The score right now is 3-3, I refuse to back down, especially when someone tries to challenge my fort.

The intense morning sunshine is taking a toll on both of us, it is a matter of time until the weaker one falls. I just need to hold on till she gets too exhausted to play, unfortunately the match prolonged a long time and the score turned into 3-5. I was breathing really hard and sweating profusely while she acts like a cocky and cool kid that just finished cross country, I knew that I had lost this game already.

The game ended with a score of 7-5, I admitted defeat and congratulated her for winning me. It was a tough battle, I think that I should improve my stamina because there are always people that are better than you.

Yukimura Seiichi POV

The game turned in an unexpected way, I never thought that Jackal will be beaten by Tanaka. She has surprisingly good stamina, although she could have improved her posture by a little. I wonder what she has up her sleeves since this battle couldn't unleash her full potential because it was only about stamina.

She should practice with Gen'ichiro sometime in the future, he would be happy to have a partner at the same level that he is. Rikkaidai would surely win its third National Championships with her in our team, there is no room for failure.