Chapter 10: Kirihara VS Nanjiro

My life right now is so messed up. I am trying to write the story and do my homework at the same time, but in the end I didn't finished finish any of those tasks. I am feeling so bored and now, especially on the weekends since I am at home all day. I can't believe that already 300 people read this crap already, I never thought it was going to be read by that much people. I should really try to correct my grammar and punctuation mistakes for you guys. Life is so hard which is why I always read manga and manhua to cheer me up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanaka Yuki POV

"Hello! My name is Tanaka Yuki, and I am from Rikkaidai. Mind if I practice with you guys?" I ask politely while trying to put up the warmest smile I ever made in my life. "Are you one of the regulars in Rikkaidai? Sure why not?" they answered in unison. Although they agreed to my request, I can see the reluctance in their eyes showing that they weren't comfortable around me. I tried my best to be kind and friendly so I didn't scare them away, and gradually we were all became friends and were laughing and chatting with each other while playing casually. It took some time but I thought it was worth it since I made new friends in a different school, suddenly one of the girls that I made friends with started talking about Atobe and how marvellous he was. When Atobe's name was mentioned, a fire lit inside of me. Why does everyone in this school talk about Atobe in such a good way? What's so great about him? Just because he is grand and gorgeous and his father owns the school doesn't mean that everyone who attends this school has to worship him. "Atobe is just rich, what is so good about him anyways? Why do you guys always talk about him?" I questioned them straightforwardly since I didn't like lying to myself. "Atobe is the most fantastic person in the school, he is our king," they replied, clearly annoyed at me. My new group of friends seems disappointed in me for talking about Atobe in that kind of way and left me by myself.

I was confused about why they were upset with me, I was only saying about what I thought about him. What's so wrong about that? Boredom hit me again since my new friends ditched me for badmouthing their *oresama*, I decided to warm up since that was the only thing for me to do and I might be playing my match soon. As I wandered around the school, I found half a tennis court, where I could hit the ball to the wall and it will bounce back like a player returning my ball. It resembles a squash court but in a tennis style, I was warming up for at least 30 minutes until Marui came running and informed me that Sanada is halfway into his match which means that my match is going to be next. Marui ran off after telling me the information since he probably wanted to go to his bag to find his lovely cake. I decided to go to my allocated court early and waited for the match to start since I was starting to get bored with warming up.

I wandered around the tennis courts, trying to find my court in them but was failing terribly. It took me at least 5 minutes to find my court. By the time I entered my court, I saw the empire already there. He was setting up the net and checking if any of the players had arrived yet, I reported that I was present and was ready to play. We are now waiting for Jiro to arrive, I was pretty sure that he overslept. I saw Atobe sitting in the stands murmuring something to Kabaji which made him exit the court, possibly finding the *sleeping beauty*. Shortly after, Kabaji entered the court carrying the sleeping Jiro on top of one of his shoulders. "Jiro, wake up!" Adobe command which immediately woke Jiro up but he still looks like he hasn't slept for days.

The match between me and Jiro started and the empire decided that I could choose first since it doesn't matter for a practice match, I choose to serve first since I wanted to test out Jiro skills by using my twist serve. I start the match by using my twist serve on Jiro, and he tried to return the ball but his racquet flew out of his hands. " 15-love!" the empire shouted. The game went on smoothly and I claimed the first two sets. Throughout the match, Jiro got a lot of points off me because of his magic volleys. He can freely control where he will hit a volley from any positions with just a snap of his wrist, regardless of the irregularity of the position he is in at the time and where I hit the ball to. In the end, I won with a score of 6-2. Sanada and Yukimura started scolding me because I was careless which ended up with him going 2 sets from me. Rikkaidai got a total of 5 wins which means that we won all the matches, Atobe came up to Yukimura and ask him to chat about something important. It wasn't my business so I decided to stare at the sky and daydream until Jiro came up and shouted in my ears. "Hah~I completely lost, but I want to play you again!" he said with a defeated looked. He asked me to give him my wristband but I refused to give it to him which made him to forcibly take it and put it in his tennis bag. I spotted another wristband in his tennis bag which resembled the one which Marui wore, I wondered if Jiro took Marui's wristband since he idolises him.