Chapter 8: Me VS Ryoma

Sorry for the irregular updates, sometimes my mental and physical self are just dead so I couldn't bother to update. Already 186 people read this! I am freaking out since 186 people had read my mistakes, this is seriously making me nervous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirihara Akaya POV

I got lost on the way here from school and my phone is dead since I had been playing on it for the whole day. It means that I can't contact anyone and ask them for help, instead, I have to find them physically. Why is life so annoying! I felt like all the others had already arrived at the shop so I decided to head towards the tennis courts to ask Yukimura senpai for directions. "Didn't they tell u that they were going to Marui's favourite cake shop? Jackal called me many times, trying to confirm that you weren't in the school still sleeping or doing something." Yukimura said while trying to multitask rather than doing one thing at a time. I didn't pay attention to what they said after morning practice since I was really tired, that lead me to not know about the location that we are going to today afternoon. I sprinted to the cake shop hoping that I'm not too late.

I was huffing and puffing when I arrived at the shop, I questioned the assistance if she saw a girl or a bunch of boys wearing Rikkaidai's school uniform sitting together. She said that there is a group of Rikkaidai's student sitting in a private room, the group include 1 girl and 5 boys. I asked if she could tell one of them to come out and meet me since I don't know the reservation number. I was very nervous to meet them since there can be different outcomes, they can either give me consequences or just ignore my mistakes and act as nothing happened, which is probably unlikely.

Tanaka Yuki POV

I opened to door and saw Ryoma reclining on the couch watching the television and sipping a can of coke, for a second I saw him glimpsing at me but I think I was hallucinating. Why would the cocky and indifferent Echizen Ryoma glance at me? I paced in the kitchen and told Auntie Nanako that I wasn't going to eat dinner since I was full from the desserts I ate in the afternoon. Uncle Nanjirou came in from the yard after ringing the bell and ask if Ryoma and I wanted to practice tennis with each other, I was going to refuse but since Ryoma agreed, I had to play since it would be disrespectful to both him and Uncle Nanjirou. We both went outside and occupied on either side of the courts. Uncle Nanjirou told us to pick a hand which we think might hold the magazine, I chose the right hand which leaving Ryoma to choose the left hand. Luck wasn't on my side today, the magazine was in the left hand which means Ryoma can either choose to serve or the side he wants to play on. Ryoma chose to serve and the match started with him serving me a twist serve since I can also do the twist serve, it was easy for me to return it. Unfortunately, Ryoma got to the net and returned my hit with a Zero-Shiki drop shot. Although he was very talented, I wasn't going to give up easily, at least not without a fight.

As the matched prolonged, I used some of my specialties like the acrobatic plays, jack-knife, and mirage (from Prince of Tennis storyline). Two hours had passed, but in the end, I still won after we had seven deuces and 8 advantages. Darkness already filled the sky when we finally finished, Ryoma had this displeasing look after the match showing that he was annoyed that he didn't win. When Uncle Nanjirou and Auntie Nanako tried to talk to him, he just ignored them and kept minding his business. I was certain that he was sulking. I look at the clock, it was 8:30 p.m and I feel so tired that I can just sleep the moment I lay on the bed. I also have hellish practice tomorrow, so I decided it was a smart choice to go to sleep early to prep myself for the next day.

Odorous sweat was drenching my whole body and it wasn't a comfortable feeling, so before hitting the bed. I went showering to freshen myself up, the difference of showering and not showering mattered a lot because if I didn't shower. All the sweat will move onto my bed and I will never want to sleep on that bed ever again.