The Dragon King

The rays of light still didn't get to their window when the next morning found them curled up like animals inside each others arms before the fire. Sansa opened her eyes from the sound of the fire chipping. She looked around trying to realise where she was and it took her sometime to orient and realize that she's still in her room and Val was snoring lightly behind her. She turns around and lay on the side to face him. She didn't wanted to wake him up,he looked so peaceful when he was drift,so she remained silence.

Her movements woke him and without opening his eyes, Valarr sneaked his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. "Good morning, wolfie," he murmured, kissing her forehead with small smile.

"Good morning,my love.." she responded with the same smile and rest on his torso. "Did you sleep well?" She asked him as she rose her head to see him.

"Yes, I did. How about you? How do you feel?"

"My back hurts a little but I'm alright." The floor wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep even with the fur rag under them. "Who lit up the fire? I can't remember hearing the maids this morning."

Valarr opened his eyes, looking at the ceiling for a moment, then he kissed her forehead again. "I kept fire up during night, my love," he answered, lifting her carefully up, lying her above him. "Better?" He brushed her cheek and lips as she supported her chin with her hands on his chest.

She nods in response and gave him another kiss. "What a knight you're,sir Dragon." She murmured and  subtly shook her head. "Forgive me for what you came to see, Val..i was stressed and anxious about everything and i think i had enough wine to make me sound like a street lady."

"No, my love, you sounded like a horny poetess," he chuckled, stroking her back with his fingers. "Forgive me about my state too, I wasn't stressed, but I had too much beer," he snorted quietly, then it seemed like he fell into his mind for a while. "Sansa?"

"Yes,my love?" She responds nuzzling on neck.

"I felt life arising inside you," he spoke in quiet voice. "For that I kept the fire, so I'd help it to settle in your womb."

"What?" She rose her face to see him uncertain and maybe in disbelief. "My love,i know what you want to say but i think it's little soon to guess that. Usually it takes a little time and it can happen without fire." She chuckled softly brushing his hair.

"Yes, I am familiar about the normal ways of conceiving," he replied. "But dragon needs fire and heat to arise, my love and I heard the song of fire and I am pretty sure, it wasn't a delusion caused by alcohol."

"So it wasn't in my dream?" She furrow her eyes trying to concentrate on the blurry memory. "I did said those words. How?" She rose up watching him curiously.

"You're my betrothed, wolfie. You spoke to me in Valyrian as the soul of our child called that it was ready to be created," he placed his hand between them on her core, comforting warm spreading all over her body.

"But I've talked to you in Valyrian before you ask me to marry you. Before we.. share a bed or..a lake." She shook her head confused and gather up on his side. "Val,we shouldn't have done this. We're not married yet."

Valarr sat down and turned her toward fire, sitting behind her, he took her by her forearms and placed her hands on her belly, his hands landed there too. "Just close your eyes and listen, my love," he whispered to her ear. Flames wildly dancing in front of them, she wasn't sure, what caused the warmth, if it was him or fire. Closing her eyes after few moments of hesitating. It felt like a voice was calling in the distance. Weak, quiet, distant. But then she heard a single word, that voice said clearly: "Muña." (mother)