Sleeping dragon

Aenar was inside the great hall. His brother and Queen was occupied with everything around their kingdom. Tucked away in a room filled with papers that he couldn't even understand their meaning. He was drying up by the fire. Going back to his room to change looked like a unnecessary lux. He was used with way less than he was been offered since he came there so he remained. Lost in thoughts with hands stretched towards the fire.

"Aenar," voice of Rhaenys came from behind. "Why don't you go and change your clothes? Look at you," she pointed at his slightly dirty pants and wet shirt.

"I'm fine,my Lady. Don't worry about me." He turns to look over his shoulder to see her with a small smile and turn to see the fire again. "Bubbles?" He rose a cup he was holding.

"Oh goodness no," she chuckled and took a seat next to him. "I still prefer wine, it warms me better and to be honest these bubbles in alcohol are not really my favourite," she sighed, looking at him. "How do you like it here?"

"I'm open to new experiences." He nods with a smile and took a sip. "It's good. Never lived in a castle before. That's a new one too besides the bubbles." He turns to look up at the high ceilings of the great hall and return to his seat. "I also learned new word today." He said with a smirk. "Protocol!" He chuckled softly shaking his head.

"Well, if you follow protocol, you will surely enjoy it," Rhaenys smiled briefly. "It is all about manners and using titles of nobles and royalty. I know, that when you see your siblings for the first time, you feel urge to hug them and kiss them perhaps. Well, you need to understand, that it is not always acceptable."

"Yeah i know!" He nod in understanding. "It's like jumping inside the Queen's room from the window.." he chuckled throatily. "I have to fix my manners i know. I'm not used to be around royalties,my Lady." He admitted watching at the fire. "But I'll try to behave,i promise."

"You were in presence Daenys and Viserys, Aenar, I am sure they taught you something, didn't they?" She questioned, looking at him. "Tell me about time with them, please."

"Yes,they taught how a family shouldn't look like.." he admitted stoically looking at the fire while sipping the ginger beer.

Rhaenys sighed, looking at him. "Aenar," she spoke to him quietly. "I swear, that I had no idea, that you existed. Your mother never told me about you. I was with her, when she was dying after Elaine was born and she never told me, that there was another offspring. I am sorry, my dear."

"Don't blame yourself for my mother's choices." He said turning to see her directly in the eyes but his face was calm and peaceful. "You did a good job as a mother with the children you have. You fed them and cloth them, raise them and love them as every mother should." He smiled softly.

"Thank you, most importantly I tried my best to raise them into good people. Help them to climb up after they failed and fell. I just want you to know, that I am here for you as well, Aenar," she smiled at him, taking his hand into her.

Aenar didn't said much. The affection was unexpected and he froze in action but smiled softly to Rhaenys. "Thank you,my Lady"

Before lunch and whole family gathering, Vanya went outside. To enjoy fresh breeze and air, to stretch herself and most importantly to go and see dragons. One by one as she called them, they landed in front of her. They always welcomed her touch and quiet calm voice. She made sure, that they were in good shape not only mental but also physical. Nobody was asking her to do it, but she did it anyway as their blood was always calling her.

Aenar lands with his dragon once he saw the rest leaving the formation in the sky as the fly together. "You call them?" He said casually jumping off his dark grey dragon. "They were flying all together it was beautiful."