Mad king

Weeks had passed since Daemon and Vanya along with Rhaenys and her sons left Winterfell. Jon had to return back to the Wall although everyone left with a weak heart. Valarr was falling more and more every day. He mind so unsteady and almost always confused. Even with Elaine,he didn't had the relationship they hold for years,he wasn't close anymore. Even with Sansa,that he promised to never make sad again,they many times fight over the smallest thing that he thought she did wrong and then turn his back and woke up the other day like nothing ever happened. The only moments when he seemed self-contained was when he was around his children.

So two weeks later Jon returned to Winterfell. The Wall wasn't finished yet and he needed men to support the building. Once the guards saw him they opened the gates and let him in. He jumped off his horse and the first one who came to stop his steps was Aenar. "Welcome back, Lord Snow." He smiled.

Jon watched him with cold eyes and turn to watch around the place. "Where's the King? I wanted to speak with him." He answered shortly.

"Jon? Jon!" Bright voice of Elaine echoed in the courtyard. She ran to him, she ran toward him, like her life depended on it and jumped into his arms. Never ever in her life did she held him so tight, never did she pulled him so close. Not even when he was away for six years and she thought, he was dead. "Jon," she whispered, "I missed you so much."

Aenar narrow his eyes on them watching them carefully but remained silent behind them

Aenar narrow his eyes on them watching them carefully but remained silent behind them. Jon immediately hold her up and fear crawl inside him. She was scared. He put her down after a firm hug and cupped her face with his hands watching her directly in the eyes. "I missed you too, sweet Elaine. Are you alright?" He asked her in concern.

"I am fine, I just missed you so so much," she said, adding. "A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing." He smiled, yet in that moment, he could clearly hear her voice inside his head. "The Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. Daemon once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land. Madness rules this place, dear Aegon. Do not fight, or you will end up dead." The voice vanished and even though Elaine was smiling, deep deep inside her eyes a deepest sorrow and pain were present. "How have you been?" She asked him calmly, cupping his face with her hand.

Jon stood for a moment watching her directly in eyes. His eyes fall back on Aenar who looked at him with a calm smile. "I'm good,my Elaine." He turns to her and smiled softly taking her hand and kiss it right after. "I came to see the King." He informed her. "Where is he? Where's Sansa?" He asked right after.

"I believe, that Sansa is with kids and maester Sam. Education is very important," she smirked. "Even though they spent most of the time answering Val's questions, you know her. And Valarr, I believe somewhere in the castle, I... I have no idea to be honest, I haven't seen him today yet."