overdrive

'Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise.' Billy continued, ignoring Roxy. 'I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max.'

'Billy, go away.' Max said, her voice trembling. Roxy didn't bother stepping in. She didn't think he'd really do anything, just tell Max off and drag her home.

'You disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me.'

'Billy...' Max pleaded. She looked at Roxy, silently begging her to help as she was the only one who could.

'I break things.' Billy said, and within seconds, he had Lucas dragged and pinned against the wall. The kids were shouting at him to stop, and Roxy, only a little surprised, rushed over and pulled away one of Billy's wrists. He didn't look at her, his eyes were trained on Lucas. Roxy harshly grabbed Billy's face with her other hand, her grip painfully tight. Lucas took his chance still pinned up to the cabinet and kneed Billy, making him stagger backwards as Roxy let go. She was conflicted and honestly didn't know who to be angry at. 'You are so dead, Sinclair. You are dead.' He yelled.

'No. You are.' Steve interrupted. Roxy would have been happy to see him but she turned her anger onto him when he punched Billy in the face, knocking him to the ground.

'Hey!' Roxy yelled, shoving Steve backwards. Hearing Billy laugh maniacally behind her, she turned around, glowering at Billy.

'Looks like you've got some fire in you after all, huh?' Billy screamed, getting riled up. 'I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everyone's been telling me so much about.' They stood close to each other, Billy intimidating everyone in the room. If he were looking to kill anyone else apart from Steve, Roxy wouldn't have cared a bit.

'Get out.' Steve said, pushing Billy back with a finger.

'Billy.' Roxy said again, trying to warn her brother to stay out of it and leave although she knew there was a slim chance of that. He swung another hit at Steve that was dodged and counter attacked. As the kids yelled encouragingly, Billy was hit with punch after punch as Roxy screamed and pleaded at Steve for him to stop - sure, Billy was in the wrong, but he was her brother. 'STEVE! STOP IT, PLEASE!' Billy crashed into the back of the kitchen and after hearing Roxy's voice, Steve put his hands down. Steve was turning to look at her before she forcefully pushed him to the side causing him to crash hard into the cabinets. She stalked up to Billy and took him by the lapels of his shirt, pushing him further back. 'I said I'll handle this. Just go.' She said firmly, but she was met with Billy's bloody smile and a lust for damage in his eyes. Before she could do anything, he wrapped his hands around the side of her shoulders and threw her across the room. She crashed into the side of the table and landed on the floor in shock. As quick as she could, Roxy stood up in slight pain to see Steve throw another punch at Billy, more anger-fuelled and powerful. Billy picked up a plate from next to him and smashed it onto Steve's head, knocking him backwards. Roxy, ignoring a searing pain at her side, picked up the thick Dungeons & Dragons manual (she couldn't find anything else on the table) and quickly walked toward Billy as he advanced on Steve, landing a hard punch that pushed both of the boys onto the wall with its momentum. 'Enough!' Roxy tried, but no one was going to listen to her. It scared her that not even she could get through to her brother, but she naturally channelled that into anger.

'You don't tell me what to do.' Billy growled at Steve, holding him by his jacket for a second before slamming his head into Steves. As he fell to the ground, Roxy ran up to make sure he was okay - he obviously wasn't - and she turned to Billy who was at arm's length and swung the spine of the book strongly across his face, seemingly breaking his nose. He staggered backwards, his finger touching his face that was now covered in blood. He looked at her in shock, and what looked like a strange mix of pride and fear. 'You hit me with a book?'

'I don't want to do this, Billy.' Roxy said, throwing the book only the floor next to her.

Billy just looked at her, a mockingly sympathetic smile across his face. 'Don't you love me anymore, sis?' He sneered. He threw a punch at her which she ducked under, not wanting to hit him back. But, she was Roxy Hargrove, so she did. She hit him forcibly square in the jaw, then again on the other side, hearing Steve writhe in pain behind her. He blocked her third punch, holding her wrist and twisting her arm backwards, looking at her furiously. He let go and used all his anger in his right arm to strike the side of her head. She stumbled, and he walked past her to Steve, elbowing her in the back. She doubled over onto her knees, her ears ringing - the pain wouldn't have affected her so much if it had come from someone or something she hated.

Listening to blow after blow, she finally came to her senses and started to breathe again after moments of holding her breath. Beside herself with absolute outrage, she got up and ran to her brother, diving and tackling him off of Steve. Billy lay on the ground as Roxy was blinded by anger and hit him square in the nose. Roxy grabbed his neck so tight that Billy couldn't breathe, she lifted his head and slammed it on the floor multiple times. She had a deadpan facial expression, her eyes completely void of emotion and this frightened Billy to the point that he had to take a few seconds before reacting. He suddenly pushed her off of him and she hit the wall, eyes trained on Billy and ready to attack him again. He rushed forward and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her violently. 'WAKE UP, ROXY!' He screamed, his voice angry but laced with worry. He used the back of his hand to slap her in the face. 'COME ON, YOU PSYCHO!' Billy yelled, pulling her to a standing position and shoving her head back so hard that it made a deep dent in the drywall. She fell forward, looking up to see Max jump on Billy and inject him with whatever it was they used to knock out Will. Billy, clearly shocked and losing energy, turned on Max. He looked over, pulled out the now empty syringe. 'The hell is this?' He asked, slightly slurring. 'You little shit, what did you do?' Roxy blinked a few times to get back into focus, feeling herself slip back into her body. She looked over at Steve who was unconscious and stood back up, shakily and was about to take a step toward him when she saw Billy fall backwards. She dropped to the floor, again, to catch Billy's head before it hit the ground. He started laughing, and Roxy sat on the floor and leaned forward, her head in her hands.

'From here on out you leave me and my friends alone. Do you understand?' Roxy heard Max say, but she didn't look up. She didn't want to. They were dealing with some seriously real inter-dimensional bullshit and yet this fight was the worst.

'Screw you.' Billy muttered, too tired.

Roxy looked up in exhausted surprise after hearing Max swing Steve's bat down into the floor between Billy's legs. She smiled at her step-sister. Billy raised his head, eyes wide. 'Say you understand! Say it! Say it!' Max yelled, clearly showing the family trait of being easily angered.

'I understand.' Billy said, dropping his head back, slowly blinking his eyes. Max dropped the bat down near his feet and stood next to the younger boys.

Roxy looked at Billy for a long moment and leaned over in her position to leave a short kiss on his forehead. He looked up at her. 'Look, I love you, Billy. But hurt my boyfriend again and I'll kill you.' She said, softly yet threateningly. He scoffed at her, but there was a small smile on his face before he lost consciousness completely.