Chapter 2

- Come on! Nightwing said as we went out and I saw the beloved black batmobile. The car shone so bright because of the sun I had to put my hand in front of my eyes as a shield. We took of the masks and threw them away. My eyes went full of joy as we jumped in the black leather clothed seats. Me, Robin and Nightwing sat in the back seats as Batman took his place behind the steering wheel. I got to sit in the middle, not my favorite place but yeah. The adrenaline started to fade away from my body like sand running through your fingers. The pain stung my arm and choked my neck but I still couldn't cry, I didn't want them to think I'm a pathetic little girl. I saw Batman pressing some black buttons that caused the batmobile to rumble and then it changed form to look like a normal black car on the outside.

- It's been quite long Bella. Said Batman looking in the back mirror straight at me. I gulped down the pain and tried to drown my mind in ice cold water so I wouldn't think about the pain.

- Yeah, 2 years. I managed to say as I still couldn't believe that it's been so long. Too long.

- Tell me what you know about him? He asked in a more serious tone as I felt Damian shifting in his seat next to me. I tried to search the files in my brain for any information I could find.

- Well he is a really wanted criminal. He managed to escape from the prison in Canada and he is mostly known for stealing in different countries. I responded trying my best to block out the pain. I am used to this kind of criminals, I used to track down a lot of them while I was over in Gotham.

- It's good you got him. He said without any emotion, stone cold. I can't believe Damian has to put up with him. A father is supposed to be loving and caring. I guess he has his own way to show that towards Damian. I couldn't help but feel sad for him.

The police is pretty dumb, they can't do anything without help. That's why this world needs people like us. Devoted to solving crimes and catching bad guys, as fun as it may sound it's very dangerous. We put our heads on the line every time. When we head out to patrol the streets at night you can never be sure you make it back home, you never know if you are going to be shot dead, you never know if your teammates are going to make it home, you never know when the blanket of silence and darkness is going to embrace you tight with no way to escape. You never know. Never.

- Yeah... but won't my parent's notice that I'm gone? There is no way my parents won't see that I'm missing, that the car will be a seat emptier.

- Yes they will but SPD will take care of that, don't worry. Batman said trying to sound reassuring and I didn't find any reason to continue that conversation. I knew he wouldn't tell me no matter how much I wanted to know what they told them. His lips were sealed shut, glued together. I don't know why he doesn't want to tell me but I decided to let that go and be happy that I am here. I felt Nightwing shifting towards me as he gently grabbed my injured arm and took off the black blouse. I almost forgot about my arm.

- Damian please give me the first aid kit. Nightwing demanded pointing his finger at the white and red box placed under the driver seat. I looked at Damian while he took out the white and red box.

- Here! He said handing the red box to Dick ( Nightwings real name is Dick Grayson) as he examined it silently.

- What are you going to do? I asked afraid of the answer. My heart already started to beat fast, too fast. My body became a mold for the hot blood that started to rush through my veins. My mind, my thoughts started to tangle inside my head as I forgot how to speak, how to make words come out of my mouth.

- I will first clean it and then sew it. My hands got sweaty, I could almost imagine my heart bouncing out of my chest. I hate needles, I don't know why but I can't stand them.

- No!! I tried to protest but I know he would do it anyway. He will puncture my skin just to sew it back together. How ironic does that sound. He have done it before, he is good at this. I mean, right?

- But if you won't let me, it will get infected and you will die. He over exaggerated and I knew it but he was trying to convince me. But he didn't do a very good job.

- Then I rather die. I said crossing my arms even though I didn't want to. I just tried to lighten my own mood.

- Stop being so stubborn! Said Grayson while he opened the box. I exposed my bloody injury and tuned my body towards him. My bloody white lace tank top was not white anymore but a deep dark red that started to coagulate and turn brown.

- Damian can you please take this tissue's and clean her injury while I'm preparing the anesthetic and the needle. He only nodded in response as he grabbed a few tissues. Grayson prepared the needle. But I didn't want to watch. I turned my face towards Damian.

- So you can take the cut but not the stitch? He said in his regular voice as a hint of a smile appeared on his face. I rolled my eyes annoyed but a smile still tugged at my lips. He started to wipe away the blood. Damian is always so sarcastic but if you put that aside he is a very nice guy. I studied the way his hands gently wiped away the blood, how the creases in his face formed when he concentrated. How his eyes travelled my body, how his jaw moved a little and how his head turned a little sideways exposing his sharp jawline. How the fabric of his suit mold perfectly around his muscles framing them, exposing them perfectly. My heart went crayzy bangging at my ribs like a wild animal in a cage and my cheeks were on fire.

- Be more careful...it hurts. I told Damian well kinda whispered. He paid me a quick look of concern but I'm not sure because it was gone in an instant. My body started to shake as I felt the last drops of adrenaline drip out of my system.

- It will hurt a lot more than that when he will stitch your skin back together. Said Damian making fun of me I pushed him a little playfully on the shoulder with my good arm as I smiled at him. I felt a sting in my skin, that I guess was the anesthetic I closed my eyes for one second, tow seconds three. My arm started to feel numb. I tried to take my mind of off the pain, I tried to drown it away with other thoughts.

- I look like a bloody princess and I don't have any clothes to change in, that sucks. I said with a forced smile since it hurt so badly.

- Don't worry, we stopped by your house and brought some clothes. Said Nightwing to which my eyes went big and a visible question mark appeared on my face. He leaned closer to my ear as his warm breath tickled my neck and I got goosebumps as he started to whispered.

- Don't worry I didn't let Damian look at all the things I packed. It took me a second to realize what he meant. I felt like someone splattered hot boiling oil on my face and I desperately tried to get the picture of Grayson searching for clothes in my wardrobe out of my mind. My mouth just dropped open in disbelief.

- What did you tell her? Asked Damian annoyed and confused as he put the tissues in a black bag.

- You big retard I'm so gonna kick your ass when we arrive. I said while I still was in shock. I felt like my privacy was killed and dragged down a long street.

- Your welcome! He responded while he winked. I rolled my eyes wanting that stupid blush on my cheeks to be gone.

- Bella look I'm almost done! He said as pride coated his words. I looked at my shoulder at the last stitches he made and then he took the white bandage and wrapped it tightly around my arm.

- Thankyou. I said while a small smile creeped on my face tugging at my lips until it formed a full smile.

- You're welcome. He said and gave me a hug being careful not to get any blood on his black and blue suit.