Chapter 27

We took his father's white Lamborghini Aventador and drove to town. I couldn't help but smile, the wind in my hair and the warm and fuzzy feeling in my body. It was like a dream. The Lambo reminded me of the one I have at home but mine was black. My family had a lot of money too but I never flexed about it at school. Most of my friends doesn't even know my last name because if they knew they would've hate me because of my living circumstances. I also lived in a manor but it's not as big as Damian's. I have to give the credit to my father. I wasn't one of those spoiled kids that got everything served on a plate. I had to work very hard for my grades and when I got old enough I even got my first summer job at a bank and paid every thing I wanted with those money.

The car stopped together with my train of thoughts.

- We are here. He said as he gave me one of those rare smiles that made my heart melt. He killed the engine and we walked in and ordered but we started to argue about who was going to pay. He said that he wanted to be a gentleman and pay for both of us and I told him that I'm not a damsel in distress and I could pay for my own drink. We went on with that for a minute or two and the cahiser wasn't having it anymore.

- Just get a room already. He said while blowing a bubble then staring at us with an annoyed expression. My cheeks went red with shame and I let Damian pay. We were now sitting down at a table.

- You didn't have to you know. I said stirring around my straw in my cup of tea. He took a sip and swallowed.

- I know. He said followed by an awkward silence. That's when I saw two girls at the table next to ours whispering.

- Omg that is the Damian Wayne. The blonde haired one whispered. Well apparently she wasn't so good at that or my ears were very sharp. The other girl eyed us and I made sure not to make eye contact. I sipped on my bubble tea with mint taste.

- Yes it is, but who is that bitch over there. Last time I checked his fan page it did say he was single. The red haired one said.

- When did you last check it? The blonde one asked.

- Today, duh. I go in there every day. The red haired girl answered. I kept listening for no particular reason.

- He probably does charity work, you know go out with less fortunate. The red haired said. My blood was boiling with anger and my muscles tensed. Charity work? Less fortunate?! If anyone is a bitch here it's her. Damian noticed that I was tense and placed a hand over mine. I turned to face him seeing his bright smile made me calm down again. I don't think he heard those girls.

- Eww, I can't believe he touched her. The blonde haired spoke again.

- Should I go ask him for his number. The red haired said.

- Don't you have a boyfriend already Stella? The blonde one asked.

- Yeah but I'm bored and want some fun if you know what I mean. The blonde one raised her eyebrows in shock. Stella got up from her seat and I saw Damian cringe for a brief second and the muscles in his jaw clench. So he did hear. Stella came to our table and we both looked up at her.

- Hi, my name is Stella, and I would like to get your number. She said leaning forward towards him on the table revealing her cleavage. I visibly rolled my eyes and prayed for her to go the hell away. Damian glanced at me very quickly.

- I'm pleased to meet you but unfortunately I am not allowed to give my number to anyone I've just met. He said trying to be as polite as possible. But she didn't look satisfied.

- Come on, you could just make an exception. She said placing a hand over his and that's when I exploded. I picked up my tea and threw it in her face, it all happened so fast the next thing I knew was that I was outside dragging Damian to his car. I heard Stella screaming and swearing in the tea shop. Once we were sitting down in the car I expected Damian to scold me or say something sarcastic or something. But instead he exploded in laughter. He placed both of his hands and his head on the steering wheel and kept laughing. I was so confused.

- That was so funny! He said looking at me as he wiped away a tear.

- She deserved it. I said crossing my arms looking at the people who passes by in front of us on the sidewalk.

- Could we just please drive away or else I'll drive. I told him not wanting to spend one more minute in front of this tea shop since Stella might come out any second. He just shrugged and turned on the engine and we drove towards the Manor. He sighed.

- Thank you for saving me. He said as our eyes met for a brief second.

- You're welcome I guess. I said looking out the window recalling Stella's angry face, it made me smile.

- I hate being Damian Wayne. People always expect me to be like my father in every way, to be a playboy and very smart more exactly. I have to project this facade of perfection in the way I talk and act, it's so, so draining. But I've done stupid things as Damian though tho. I was a member of the League of Assassins and as Robin I'm nothing more than a sidekick. Even when I'm Robin I'm supposed to act a certain way. He exhaled and swallowed. It's like the only time I can actually be myself without wearing any kind of mask is when I am with you. I blushed furiously at his statement and I was speechless. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

- I...I bit my tongue because I nearly said those three words. I swallowed and drowned those words.

- I am here for you, and I like you for you. I know that we are quite messed up but sometimes we gotta fall to the ground so we can see the world from a different light. I said looking into his green orbs, I might have imagined seeing tears in his eyes but I didn't have a second chance to look for sure because he turned to face the road again. I played with the zipper of my purse as the horrifying thought made its way back. There is no going back now, I felt like I was going to be sick, my hands went pale.

- Are you alright? Damian asked examining my face.

- Yhea, why wouldn't I? I said as I managed a smile. We were passing by the big evergreens which meant that we were almost home. It was getting dark which meant it was almost time. Damian killed the engine and got out of the car.

- I have some work to do and it seems that my father is out patrolling with Jayson and Tim. He said looking at a message on his phone which I guess is from his father. We entered and took of our shoes.

- What about Grayson? I asked curious looking at him struggling with his laces.

- He is on a date with Kori. He said with a smirk.

- Are you going to work in the cave? I asked as innocent as possible because I needed it to be empty so I can go on with my plan.

- No I will be in my room, if there is anything you want you can always knock. He said as we both went to our rooms. I sighed in relief after I closed the door then I jumped in my bed groaning and silently cursing after I was done pitying myself I got up and changed into my costume I sat down and stared at the grey domino mask in my hands. What I was about to do wasn't easy nor fun. But I had to do it with no regrets. I tried to push down my fears and all the reasons that I shouldn't be doing this. I placed down the mask over my eyes to conceal my identity and stood up and picked up my katana swords and placed them in their cases on my back. I opened my window and gently closed it behind me trying not to make any noise. I used my grappling hook to jump down. My feet silently hit the grass as the silver rays of the moon shone between the big evergreens as the owls sang in the night. It was truly magical. I sighed and found the button in the manors wall that opened a little door. I entered and I could already feel the humidity from the cave as I walked down the big stone stairs. The door closed behind me and the led lights from the ceiling light up. I exhaled this was a sign that I was alone in the cave. I reached the last step and I ran towards one of the many motorcycles that were placed neatly in a row. A drop fell on my head from the stalactites that covered most of the ceiling. I hijacked it and disabled the tracking chip in it so no one could trace me. I ran a hand through my hair as I started the engine and opened another door in the wall so I could get out.