Chapter 10

The ride was silent and I mostly stared at the ground looking at the small stones bouncing when the wheel hit them until we arrived. We climbed up a building, I stared at the lights that covered the city like a blanket as I let out a heavy sigh. It was a breathtaking view though. We jumped over a few buildings until we stopped. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

- Why do you hate me so much? I tried my best to be your friend but it seems that even my presence disturbs you! He looked shocked for a sec. He was analysing my every feature maybe to see if I was serious or not. His jaw clenched and I could see a river of emotions but they quickly disappeared.

- Shhh. He said as he covered his mouth with his index finger to singal me to shut up. What?

- Now you...He placed his hand over my mouth as he pointed down. I immediately stopped struggling and bent down on one knee as Robin released me. It was a little girl screaming in a corner while one big man pushed her into the wall. I can not believe that I did not hear her pained screams before. I have to put my problems aside for now. The girl was crying as the second man started to speak.

- No one's gonna hear you here mate. We jumped off the building in a fighting position. The men looked slightly scared but slowly a smile creeped up on their faces as they exchanged glances.

- Well isn't that the bird boy and look he brought a present! The creepy long man said looking towards me while giving me a big creepy uninviting smile. It sent chills down my spine, it felt like ice cold water ran through my veins. I ran towards him and kicked him in the face that gave me enough time to speak to the girl. I heard the guy swearing out loud but eventually it only turned to background noise in my head.

- Go hide over there and wait for us. I said pointing to a safe place behind a trashcan. Robin kicked and punched the other man violently. But I was quickly brought back to reality when I felt someone grab me by the arm and pushed me into the wall. The motion knocked out the air inside my lungs, I gasped like a fish on dry land for air.

- Wanna dance my precious? He asked while raising his hand towards my chest to unzip my suit but I jumped and kicked him in his stomach. He groaned in pain as Robin threw the other man on the pavement next to the other. He tied them up so they won't run until the police arrives. I couldn't help staring at his body, at how every muscle showed through the fabric, how his eyes are so determined. I shook my head as I remembered the girl and that I was mad with him, and his smile, and the girl, and him being mean. My head was so overwhelmed but I managed to walk over to the girl.

- Are you okay sweetheart? I asked her while wiping away the tears from her cheeks. She only nodded and hugged me. I picked her up in my arms as I looked down at her now puffy crystal blue eyes.

- I'm scared. She said while the tears now rolled silently on her cheeks. I brushed her hair with my fingers as I tried my best to calm her down. Damian looked at me with what I interpret as a pained look. I let out a deep breath as I tried to pull myself together.

- It's alright, you are safe now, we will take you home. I told her as I hugged her. Where do you live? I asked gently.

- 6 streets down in a yellow house. She managed to say as she sniffled. Then her breathing became regular and she fell asleep in my arms. After a while of walking I got tired of holding her.

- Can you please take her? I asked Robin as he glanced at me from top to bottom. He took her gently bridal style as he placed her head on his chest. I stretched my arms while I looked after a yellow house.

- Robin. I whispered while I pointed at the house. I walked up the stairs and gently knocked on the door. Two figures started to appear in the doorway, it was a man and a woman who I think are her parents.

- My sweet beloved child! The woman said while taking the girl from Robin's arms. They both hugged the girl like they haven't seen her in years.

- What happened? Robin asked as he looked the mother in the eyes.

- She was out playing in the garden this morning then... she suddenly disappeared. But I'm so glad and relieved that she is back. The man answered as the mom shifted to look at her husband.

- Thank you! Thank you for bringing our child home! The woman said while hugging both of us. I couldn't help but smile and feel warm inside completely forgetting that I was mad and low-spirited.

- We are just doing our job. I said while we ran off to the motorcycle.

- We should go home. He said while he started the engine.