Chapter 19

Jayson's Pov

I heard a scream from the cave and ran down as fast as I could. No one was in here... I must have imagined it but then I saw an open file on the big screen. I felt petrified. My only thought was fuck. I ran back upstairs and went to the living room where all the others were gathered. Anger boiling in my veins.

- Fuck didn't you tell her, why the fuck didn't you tell her! I yelled louder as I felt all eyes on me. Bruce only looked at me with stern eyes and a pale face. And for a brief second I think I saw disappointment in his eyes.

- Congrats she ran away! He got up and started to walk fast towards the bat cave.

- Jayson who are you talking about? What didn't he tell to whom? Damien asked as he got up from his seat looking pale, already knowing the answer.

- Bella who the fuck else. She found out that she is adopted. He didn't ask anything more as I saw the anger and concern take over his body as well as mine. We went to the cave and changed.

- She took my motorcycle. Robin said panicking. I was already thinking about the worst, she must still be in shock and people do stupid things when they are still in shock. Killing themselves.

- You two stay here! Batman said with a stern voice.

- I am coming with you and that's it father. We all three jumped inside the batmobile and drove off. Can't this car go any faster I thought even though we drove with full speed.

- The tracker on her suit is still on her costume, she is in the woods just outside of Gotham. Damian said.

- Did you put a tracker on her? I looked at him.

- Yes of course I did. I put one on all of you. He said with the most innocent tone ever.

- You will take mine off! I said pointing my index finger at him.

Damian's/ Robin's POV

Why did my father keep that a secret from her and us. Hell now she's broken hearted somewhere in the woods all by herself, but why the hell do I care so much about her. I am very glad I put a tracker on her suit that night when I was in her room. I don't want to admit that I care about her but...I do. We arrived in the woods and now we just have to find her.

Bella's POV

A black shadow came out from the bushes. I took out both of my katanas and got in a fighting stance. But I felt physically drained.

- My, my Bella what a beautiful woman you've become. I beamed my eyes open when I heard him calling my name. Why so stunned my dear. How does he know my real identity. He got closer and I got my katanas higher and closer to my body.

- Who are you?

- My sweet little Bella I am your dear father. My eyes went wide open but I didn't let my guard down. He is lying, he must be.

- I was the one who left you on that porch. I am also known as the Black Phantom. No way in hell this criminal is my father. I heard something behind me, I think it is Robin screaming my name. He got closer.

Bruce's/ Batman's POV

I kept it a secret because I wanted to find her parents and ask them myself why they abandoned her. I had my good intentions but I never would have thought she'll find out like this. We ran towards her and saw a black shadow. Could it be...

- Bella watch out! Red Hood screamed as a mini grenade exploded next to her.

- I let you grow up and I was the one to make you encounter with Batman. I was the one who killed your pathetic weak mother of yours, she was good for nothing. I saw the tears in Bella's eyes as she started to let down her guard. The Black Phantom took that opportunity to hit her in the stomach. She flew back a few meters and hit a tree behind her and it almost knocked her out.

- You are weak almost just like her but you are slightly different. It makes it so much more fun. His sick smile grew bigger. Red Hood went in with his fists and Robin with his katana but he blocked all their attacks. He's fast. If they can keep him distracted I can get a hit. I launched a fist towards his face and he flew back a bit but quickly recovered. He started to chuckle.

- I let you grow up only so I can have some competition, someone to kill. Be prepared for the nightmare that hides in the dark... and is soon coming for you. Then he just vanished like he wasn't even here.