Chapter 24

Timeskip At The Zoo

Bella's POV

I woke up due to the feeling that the car was no longer in motion. I felt a heavy weight on my shoulder and then remembered that Damian fell asleep on me. The scent of sweet mint and masculinity intoxicated my lungs and soon enough my thoughts too. My face heated up in seconds and my blood boiled up underneath my skin. I watched him as he slowly got up from my shoulder then he looked at me and I immediately turned away so he couldn't see how red my face was.

- Dammit I fell asleep, didn't I? I'm sorry. He said as he yawned. My heart felt like melted ice cream, and did he just say sorry? I guess there's a first time for everything.

- It's fine. I told him as I gave him a smile not really ready to look him in the eyes.

- Everyone get out, we're here! Grayson said excited mostly because he was about to see his beloved Kori. We exited the car and bought our tickets at the ticket booth. As we entered we saw the Titans a few feet away from us. Garfield waved his green hand at us then he turned into a golden retriever and ran towards me. My eyes went big then came the impact and I fell on my but as he started to lick my face.

- Garfield stop it, it's nasty!! I patted his head as his tail happily swayed behind him. Garfield can turn into all the animals on earth due to an injection that was supposed to cure him from his disease, but instead turned him green and gave him the ability to transform into animals. A pretty cool accident if you ask me. My train of thoughts was abruptly interrupted when Kori started to scold Garfield also known as Beast Boy. He started to whimper and turned back to normal.

- Boy, I knew you were excited to see me but I didn't expect you to be all over me! I said chuckling as he reached out an arm for me to take.

- Sorry, sometimes my animal instincts take over. He said while scratching the back of his neck while giving me a seductive wink. I only giggled in response as I gave him a playful punch on the shoulder.

- Hey don't forget about the rest of us!? Jaime said a little offended as I walked over to him and hugged him. I felt his arms wrap around my body as he patted my back in a friendly manor.

- Holla, Jaime como estas? I asked the latino guy in a very rusty spanish that I haven't used since 9th grade. He only started to laugh and it was in that moment that I realised that it wasn't a good move to use my rusty spanish. Heat rushed to my cheeks as embarrassment took over my body.

- Please save your very good spanish for another time. He said as he patted my head. I went over to Raven the half demon girl with short dark purple almost black hair.

- Hi, long time no seen. She said as she smiled a toothless smile. We all then kept talking and laughing while we walked around the Zoo. Garfield transformed into all animals we saw, trying to show off as always. We then arrived at the monkey terrarium. Garfield let himself through the bars of the cage by transforming into a mouse then he transformed into a monkey.

- Bella come on! He whined. If you wanted to go to the Zoo you could just have called me over. But in that moment there was a pretty angry male monkey right behind him.

- You might wanna turn around. Raven said in her usual monotone voice.

- Why Raven? The now green monkey asked confused. The male monkey started to fist his chest and scream just like monkeys do. Poor Garfield started to run around in the terrarium creating quite a scene for those who walked by. Oh God so embarrassing. Jay was laughing his pants of as Jamie facepalmed himself while uttering morron. It made me giggle. Even Damian cracked a smile.

- Ok enough, get out of there! Called Grayson in an annoyed tone. A few seconds later was he out of the cage.

- Idiot! Murmured Damian under his breath not really bothering if anyone heard. He rarely censors himself.