3. The Test ♥️

HANEEFAH POV.

I was reciting the Holy Quran after subh prayer this morning when my phone rang.

"Assalamualaikum Ummah inakwana ( peace be unto you, good morning mum) " I greeted.
"Waalaykisalam baby an tashi lafiya ( peace be unto you too, baby how was your night) " she asked.

"Lafiya Lau umma.( It's was fine mum)"

"Ok! I called to inform you that your father, your grandma, your uncle and I will be coming back today so prepare for our arrival.
Make sure everything and everywhere is neat and tidy and make sure you cook something okay?

Your uncle is going to his house straight so cook for only me, your grandma and your dad.

"Ok Ummah" I said, "what time are you coming back because I have class by 12:00pm today."

"Ok just cook it and put in the warmers I will take care if the rest when I come" she answered an I replied with an "ok"

"Bye bye Ummah may you arrive safely"
"Bye bye" she replied.

I slumped on my bed and went back to sleep.
I woke up around 9:30am, tidied the house, cooked Jollof rice and chicken, made Coconut juice.
I went back to my room, folded my clothes, bathed and got ready for school.
I called Ikhee and told her to meet me in front of the theater.

The lecture took 2 hours and we came out already tired.
"I can't wait to see my grandma" I said excitedly.
"I really love my grandma she always tease me and she gives me anything I want. ohh! I miss her" I ranted to ikhee and she smiled.

"Ikhee let's go home together I want to introduce you to my grandma she will like you" I asked holding unto her hands.

"ok I am free, lemme just go to the hostel and.........

"Attention everyone!! We are having Dr. Abdulhameed Gudaji's Test Next week Friday 3:00pm By God's grace" the class rep announced.

"Urrgh! Another test Again Radiological Anatomy is very bulky" I said sadly.

"No problem we will read it, write the test and pass it insha Allah. We will give it what it takes" Ikhlas said confidently.

"I don't know where this Ikhlas came from but I like her" I said.

I knew her to be a very lazy person but studies her ass off when she has a test or exam.

We went back to the hostel, Ikhlas changed to An Ankara A-shaped gown with Veil and flat shoes.
"Ready?" I asked.
" Yes " she answered and we headed out.

We arrived home and I ran into the house shouting "Yar tsohuwa kina ina ki fito in ga tsohuwar fuskar ki" "(old woman, where are you? Come out here let me see your old face)" I teasingly called her out.

"Toh jikalle ganinan zuwa Nima na ga munmunar fuskarki" "( ok grandchild am coming to see your ugly face too)" she said and I chuckled.

" I am much more prettier than you"
I replied, sticking my tongue out playfully to her.

I reached out and hugged her inhaling her calming Woody scent.

"I miss you kakalle" I murmured, nuzzling my face deeper into her neck, inhaling more of that comforting scent.
She always provide me with so much comfort and fill my cup of happiness until it overflows.
She is the woman that gave birth to my father.