35. Hell 🔥

Ikhlas POV

Don't cry peaches before you know it I'll be back" he said hugging me, earning a glare from Hannefah.

He hugged Haneefah too before disappearing in the crowd.

I wiped my tears and followed Haneefah as we made our way towards her car. She got in and I tried opening it but it was locked. I looked over to her but she winded her window instead.

" I don't give two-faced people rides on my car" she said and then zoomed off.

I was dumbstruck and stranded, I didn't bring my purse with me and I had no means of going back home. but on top of it, I was utterly heartbroken.

What have I done to Hannefah to deserve this humiliation?

Why is Hannefah doing this to me?

I was still there thinking of how to get home, a little boy bumped into me making my phone fall off my hand. I crouched down to pick my phone and a One Thousand Naira Note falled off the cover.

"Alhamdulillah" I muttered happily and picked it up.

I boarded a tricycle back home praying to Allah to bless the boy who bumped into me.

On reaching home I met Aunty husnah in the sitting room. She had already made herself at home in front of the television with a bottle of Chapman. Her feet propped up on the coffee table.

Seriously? Is that how a woman is supposed to act in another person's house? Well that's none of my business by the way. 

"Good afternoon Aunty" I greeted her and she hissed, without even sparing me a glance.

Looks like Hannefah called for back up. I cringed, making an effort to ensure it was an outward and visible display, disappointedly shook my head and headed to my room.

I was very hungry and I didn't feel like having junks for lunch so I decided to go get sandwiches.

Immediate I stepped out of my room, I was greeted with a hiss from both of them.

" Seems like the slut is going out. Now that her husband isn't around she feels free to go anywhere she wants" Aunty husnah said and Hannefah nodded I response.

I ignored them and went out. I reached into my bag for my car keys before realizing that I left it on my dresser.

I turned back to go pick it when I heard Hannefah saying "Don't worry Auntie I'll be sure to make her life a living hell. I'll make sure she prefers being thrown in the purgatory than being here with me. I'll frustrate her life to the extent that she will leave this house on her own accord" and a cold shiver went down my spine.

But seriously what did I do to this extent? I wondered.

I went back slowly but cautiously and got my car keys before leaving. 

I ordered pounded yam and Ogbono soup and headed back home.

Even though it doesn't taste anywhere close to my mother's, I still had a heartfelt meal. Something I haven't ate in ages.

I washed it down with juice, cleared the dishes and made myself comfortable on my bed.

I was about sleeping when my phone rang. The caller ID flashed before my eyes and it was Delilah making me practically leap in joy.

" Hi Delilah just wait a sec let me get my laptop, It's been long since I saw you. Let's switch to video call" I said.

I was greeted by the grinning green-eyed brunette. "Hey there squeaks. Fancy seeing you"