24. preparations♥️

Ikhlas POV

" Never!!!" My mother said, screaming at the top of her lungs. "Shey o fe bami ni oruko je ni? ( Do you want to spoil my reputation?)" She asked bitterly and all I could do was shake my head.

" Ah Oluwa ooo! Ikhlas iru omo wo lo fe ya? (Oh God! Ikhlas what type of child are you turning out to be?) Shey O fe da Ile eh ru ni? (Do you want to wreck her home) she asked me again and I still couldn't find words to justify what I told her.

I looked across at my dad and he gave me a disappointed look.

" Ikhlas this is Suprising. You weren't scared to tell me that you want to marry a Hausa man, your bestfriend's husband at that. I sent you there not only to study but to also have a wider knowledge about their culture. And you should know why we Yorubas don't like giving our daughters out to them.
Even though divorce is Halal, Allah doesn't like it. And here you are telling me to give you out in marriage to people who regard divorce as a Day-to-day activity? I am so disappointed in you." My father said to me, shaking his head disappointedly.

My head was bent low as I sobbed endlessly. My parents have every right to stop me from marrying him, and my decision actually doesn't make sense from any point of view. But I don't know why it made so much sense to us both.

" Ikhlas are you sure about this?" My father asked me. And I answered with a nod.

"Hmmm, Alhaji please don't allow her to marry him." my mother said to my father. And he disapprovingly shook his head.

" Since you are sure that is what you want for yourself, tell him to come with his parents and we start all necessary preparations" he said plainly, stood up and left the sitting room.

" Omo Yi ti pa mi ( this child has finally killed me)" my mother said admist tears.

" What about Haneefah? Did she give her consent to the marriage?" She asked again and I nodded.

I couldn't say anything, not even a word seemed to form in my head, cause no words was enough to soothe my mother's aching heart, and nothing could sweep off the disappointment my dad felt towards me.

All for Haneefah. even though they agreed to it, they are clearly not happy about it.

I had to do something. Even though I hold my friendship with Haneefah dearly to my heart, I just can't please her at the expense of my parents happiness.

I stood up and sat close to my mom as she used the edge of her wrapper to wipe her tears.
"Mom am sorry." I said to her, the words finally leaving my mouth, words that seemed to get stuck in my throat whenever I wanted to say them.

I hugged her crying figure and patted her back.

" I have forgiven you Ikhlas. If that is what will make you happy then I'll be okay with it" she said, And I happily held her tighter. We both went to my dad.

We met him in his room with his both hands on his temples.

I got on my knees, crawled to the edge of the bed and I placed my hands on his leg.

" Dad am sorry please forgive me" I pleaded earnestly with tears running down my cheeks.

He placed his hand on my head before saying "I forgive you Ajoke mi. Am just scared for you, scared of what I am foreseeing in this marriage, how you are going to cope being the only one with a different origin among them and I am definitely scared that one day he might not want you anymore and decide to send you back here."

"But since you are okay with it am not going to stop you. I just have one condition, No one is sending my daughter back to me in the name of divorce" he added sternly and I nodded my head in approval.

You might say am becoming robotic by always nodding, but what could I do? That was what I had learned to do since words were starting to fail me.

I was so happy my parents finally gave their consents wholeheartedly, that was another answer to my question and I have to move to the next question.

I picked up my phone and called Khaleel, it rang twice and he picked with a low Salam. We haven't been in touch for some days now due to my unstable mental state. I told him about everything and he also forgave me and wished me the very best.

I am really going to miss him, through this short while of dating he had been the most sweetest and most caring person. He understanding and letting go also made my heart melt.

I was to stay in Ibadan till the wedding so I only have to contact Haneefah on phone.

************************************

Things were going on smoothly as both families were preparing for the wedding. Haneefah had been of great help in comforting me whenever I felt like I couldn't do it anymore.

Guess what?.........

Haneef's mom also came for the Introduction and she was really happy to see me. I just hope I don't get on her bad side someday.

After the Introduction, Dad asked me to show Haneef to the garden so we could have One-on-One talk. I lead the way and he followed my trail till we reached the garden. We both took seat and the breathing competition started.

After some minutes of silence he decided to talk.

" Ikhlas are you sure you're okay with this?" That was the first thing he asked me and I said " yes"

" Then let's all give it a shot and live in harmony. May Allah bless our Union" he said and I became too shy to say Ameen.

He noticed it and he smiled a bit before handing out a small gift bag to me I found a box in it. I opened it and to my amusement it was the same bracelet he once gave to Haneefah but a different color.

I thanked him and tried it on. I fitted perfectly.

************************************

The traditional Engagement was held two weeks after the Introduction. The groom-to-be provided everything written in the list given to him for the engagement based on traditions.

12 boxes of clothes, a big bag of shoes and bags, a small jewelry box, a praying mat, a rosary and the holy Quran was brought along with the listed items for the engagement.

...............................................................

So haneef's mom was okay with it *roll eyes* thankfully. I really hope she wouldn't turn her back on Ikhlas and I hope she'll cut Haneefah some slack.

Okay guys did you enjoy the chapter?
If you do or don't please be sure to leave a tiny comment 😉

Author's Note

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖