5. Broken 💔

IKHLAS POV.

I called haneefah to ask how her meeting with her soon to be husband went but she didn't pick, I gave her like 20 missed calls. I was so worried, I kept having strange but dangerous feelings so I decided to go check up on her.

I was about to enter when I saw Haneef driving out, looking very worried. "what happened?" was all I could mutter.

I quickly entered and I saw Ummah looking very disturbed.

"What Happened Ummah?" I asked.

"She fainted wallahi I don't know why," she answered.

"let me go see her Ummah."

I noticed her finger moving, "i think she is awake." I said happily.

"Hanny!" I called her.

when I noticed her lips moving I brought my ear close to her mouth to hear her saying "Ikhlas forgive me"

Ummah gave her water to drink after she finished and finally looked at all of us in the room, immediately her eyes fell on me she started crying.

"Ikhlas forgive me please I know I offended you but it's not my fault."

Hearing that, Ummah and Kaka decided to give us some privacy.

"Hanny you didn't do anything wrong to me please stop begging me" I assured her.

"No I offended you Ikhlas please forgive me so I can have peace of mind" she said.

"Ok tell me exactly what happened" I asked.

"The person Abbah said I should marry is YAYA HANEEF!!!"

I felt like am being hit by a tornado storm, my heart felt like it was going to burst.

I mustered up some courage before saying. "That's nothing Hanny. I understand and you don't need to beg for forgiveness because it's not your fault. So I have forgiven you and besides am starting to get over him."

"Thank you so much ikhee" she said hugging me.

"I need to go now before it gets too late." I said looking for a way to get out of that place, all I needed was a breath of fresh air.

"Why don't you just sleepover here?" she asked.

"No I need to go back, byebye and thank you once again."

I went outside before I started crying, I felt like my whole world was crumbling, I felt my heart shattering like a broken ceramic and my head was aching. The first and only guy I fell in love with is going to marry my best friend and I couldn't even bring myself to hating her.

I felt hurt, I have no one to depend on, I am so alone and lonely in my darkest time. I hate everyone but I can't hate anyone, I am both In physical and psychological pain.

"Inalillahi wa Ina illahi Rajiun. Ya Allah ease my pain" I prayed.

I went back to the hostel and cried my heart my out.
I performed Ablution and prayed two rakaats, carried my Quran and started reciting. Miraculously I felt better.

The next day

"Hey Hanny!!" I called.

"Hi Ikhee you look terrible" she said, grimacing at how bad I looked. 

" yeah! can't help it but I am trying Hanny" I replied with a sigh.

"Forgive me Ikhlas please"