4. The Engagement 💔

HANEEFAH POV

"Kakalle na" come let's gist.

"Ok my child what do you want to discuss" she asked

"I didn't say anything about discussion I only want to jist am bored" I replied.

"Don't you have your exams coming soon?" She asked.

"Yes am just bored." I answered with a sigh.

"Ok I even need to ask you a question"

"Yes kaka am listening" I replied Changing into a more comfortable position.

"Are you close with your cousin?"
"Which cousin?" I asked.

"My husband Mana Haneef."

"Oohhh!! no we are not even close. He doesn't like talking and I like minding my own business" I said.

"You should try and be friends with him he is not a stranger he is someone you will always be seeing for a lifetime Insha Allah." She said with a smike.

"Kai Kaka am I his wife? even his sisters he doesn't say much to them and I am pretty sure he will also be like that to his wife also." I replied with a shrug.

"Then she should try and change him" she said. "people change for love ok?"

"Ok granny that is for his wife to deal with I have no business with that so let's talk about something else, this has even changed my mood I need to go study." I replied heading to my room.

"Ok but I want you to always know that anything can happen at anytime so put it at the back of your mind." She called at my retreating figure.

"Ok ma" I answered without turning back.

Pshh!! Old people and their problems they always think they are not going to live to see another day so they make sure to give you advices, I need to call Ikhlas.

"Hello peaches!!" I said with a giddy smile.

" Hello sunshine how was ur day" she answered.

"It was fine and yours?"

"Fine are you sure you read? don't think today is Sunday and you relent please we need to study hard I don't want to repeat 500level and you know you must pass RRBN (Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria) exams so please don't take it lightly."

"Ok mummy I won't" I said. "Just called to hear your ear splitting voice" I teased.

"I don't have your Time" she chuckled. "I will so finish you when I finally have your time. Goodnight Sha don't be late for tomorrow's lecture." She added.

Ikhlas and I were busy discussing Radiation Protection after class when my phone rang.

" hello Fati how are you doing?" I asked.

"I am fine Alhamdulillah and you?"

" Yes I am fine what's up" I asked.

" Nothing I just call to find out if you are okay."

" I am alright what's wrong?" I asked.

"Umm... yeah... no... nothing i just want to... to ... make sure you are alright you... you know exam tension and stuff" she stammered.

"Ok oo. I am fine thanks for calling" I replied and she hanged up.

"Who is that?" Ikhlas asked.

" Ohhh it's Fati she called to ask about my well being because of the upcoming exams" I answered.

"Awwwnnnn that's sweet of her I really like her because she is nice" she said.