41. Mending the broken hearts 2 ♥️

IKHLAS POV.

I woke up the next morning to find a marker on my bed, I wonder how it got here. I helped myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom to perform Ablution for Subh prayer.

I was about washing my other arm when I noticed something scribbled on my cast with black marker. Guess that was exactly the reason why the marker was on my bed in the first place.

It says " Get well soon peaches" with a smiley face drawn on it.

I was confused. Haneef also calls me peaches but the calligraphy was Haneefah's and she had no reason to come to my room talkless of writing on my cast.

I stared down at it and I found myself swooning at the calligraphy.

Although there was no denying the fact that she was different. I witnessed it in the hospital. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what was going on but she no longer had that dark look hidden in her eyes, like it no longer lived there.
She was hesitant and she looked scared..... So if she is different do I want to explore that side too? Should I really give her another chance to prove that she could still be the Haneefah who was once my Bestfriend?

Snap out of it fool. My brain immediately alerted me and I was woken from my daydream.

It was another scheme to hurt me again. Seeing the fact that I stopped giving a fuck to whatever she does is making her hungry for my attention so she could break me again.

And I definitely will not give her the satisfaction of seeing me hurt.

I completed my ablution and prayed Subh before going back to bed. I woke up 9:00am, bathed and got dressed before hannef came in and called me out for breakfast.

She was there before me and Immediately she felt my presence, she became uneasy. Why in the world will my presence make her uneasy? I thought we were done... Like completely done.

She didn't raise her head to look at me which further confirmed that she just wrote on my cast for fun.

Yaya served me and i ate in silence.

" So guys I know this isn't the right time but I have to tell you both nonetheless." And we both directed our attentions back to him.

" I passed the exam and they sent me an email yesterday that I would work as a specialist in NYU LANGONE MEDICAL CENTER. So in short, we'll be moving to New York." He said, his eyes darting between us.

" Alhamdulillah. May Allah bless us all and bless our endeavors" I said with a smile as I held his hand in mine. Moving to New York isn't really a bad idea, it's been the most wonderful news I heard in a long time, apart from Delilah giving birth to a baby girl.

So much unlike here in Kano where am just by myself, am much more familiar with New York plus I get to see Delilah whenever I want to. Afterall the person who made Kano easier for me was still the same person that made it hell. Only the thought of that made me cringe.

" Congratulations Yaya" she said with a faint smile. Seems like she isn't happy with the idea.

We finished eating and Haneefah started clearing the table. I stood up as usual to get back to my room and my head felt fuzzy, I felt myself going down when a pair of feeble hands caught me but instead of me to be back to the ground, we were both going down and a pair of stronger arms caught the both of us.

"Well that was close" I said with a chuckle, trying to stabilize my erratic heart.

" Why would you catch her when you know she's two times heavier now?" Haneef asked her, also grinning but she just blushed at it and continued clearing the table without uttering a word.

That was when it hit me, the feeble hands were hers. But why will she hold me when am falling? Probably because Yaya was there and she doesn't want to display how cruel she can be.

" Are you okay?" He asked, now referring to me and I nodded before going back to my room.

I settled on my bed before the thoughts begin to flood my head. I was wondering why will Haneefah suddenly show that she cares about me and another second it's like I don't exist.

I was sure she doesn't want me as a friend again. But her acting up like this is really confusing me. I just didn't know what to do anymore, I still want her as my Bestfriend but am scared to put in my hopes up and on the long run I get heartbroken again.

This isn't fair........ Life isn't. Why did it have to be both of us?

Yaya came in with a salam, stopping my train of thoughts.

" Do you remember that you'll be going to the hospital tomorrow to get your cast off?" He asked, ruffling my hair and I swatted his hand away.

He chuckled, " I have something important to do tomorrow so Haneefah will take you there"

My heart immediately skipped a beat and I gave him a look that visibly showed my state of shock.

"Why yaya" I muttered.

"Because I said so" he answered sternly, before changing the topic to another story and I took it as a signal that he doesn't want to talk further about it.

I listened with a smile but all that kept ringing in my head was.

" I don't give Two-faced people rides in my car"

***********************************
So Haneefah is taking her to the hospital.

What do you think is gonna happen?

Stay tuned to know 😉  

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖