30. Fighting the Demons 💔

Haneefah POV.

And that now made me angry.

"WHAT THE FUCK !!!" I screamed on top of my lungs, making her flinch, a look of fear evident on her face which made me soften a bit.

"Am sorry I lost control" I muttered and she nodded her head in understanding. I turned and left for my room and I was glad she didn't try to ask me what was happening after all she was partly the reason why I was angry.

I heard her made breakfast and she came to call me when she had set the table.

"I don't have appetite, just go eat then maybe later I'll eat mine" I said with a sigh.

" Am not having any morsel of food nor a drop of water without you" she said adamantly.

Have I ever told you that she is the most stubborn person I have ever laid my eyes on? Well am telling you now because from the look on her face she wouldn't consent to my feeble excuse.

I reluctantly stood up and we both had breakfast. She tried creating a conversation but I was obviously not in the mood so she later let go. We finished in silence and I offered to wash the dishes but she declined, telling me that I needed some rest.

I retired back to my room and laid down on my bed. Thoughts of how that woman's words managed to get into my head and threaten to drive me insane kept going on in my head.

Don't you know that the one with the child also has the husband

Those word kept haunting me like demons hell bent on possessing me.

Ikhlas entered with a Salam and I answered, she sat down close to me at the edge of the bed before placing her hands on my lap.

"You know you can always talk to me sunshine, please tell me what's going on with you" she said calmly, her eyes roaming mine searching for answers.

"It's nothing to worry about peaches am just not in a good mood and my thoughts are kind of jumbled up. Am sorry I scared you earlier" I lied.

I just couldn't bring my self to telling her that my mother in-law's words were messing with my head. I'll seriously lose face if I do.

She sighed and nodded her head, even though my reply wasn't convincing and she could easily tell if I am lying, she still decided to let go.

" I'll be upstairs if you need me, or do you want me to stay with you and keep you company?" She asked and I nodded my head in response which immediately lit up her dull expression.

"Let's play chess" she said happily and I gave her a smile too.

" Yeah let's go play chess"

Ikhlas succeeded in lightening up my mood and I felt better after some time. We discussed about so many things before I decided to ask the question that kept bugging my heart.

" Uhmm... Ikhlas where did you and Yaya went to yesterday?" I asked, finally letting my curiosity out.

Her expression immediately dropped, she fidgeted for some seconds before answering " ohh yesterday! It's nothing to worry about okay" she said with a vague smile.

I decided to let go since both of them decided to play with my head by keeping me in the dark. I honestly don't know what to feel anymore, I kept fighting those emotions my mother-in-law stirred up and both of them keeping things away from me is also not helping matters.

"Okay no problem" I replied with a sigh.

" So what would you like for lunch?" she asked, trying to steer the conversation to another topic.

I let the issue go even though I wasn't happy with the fact that they both don't want to tell me what was going on.

" Anything light " I replied with a shrug.

" Okay what about some cheeseburgers?" She asked, already picking up her phone to place an order.

" Yeah sounds nice"

Lunch was delivered in Fourty minutes time and we are and watched Knight Squad on Nickelodeon. Thankfully we didn't have to watch another horror and it felt so watching my favorite TV show.

Yaya entered with a Salam and we both answered happily.

"Hi kiddo" he said and ruffled my hair, messing my ponytail in the process.

" Hi to you too grandpa" I replied with a triumphant smile. If that is the game he wants to play, then I'll definitely beat him to it.

He frowned a bit before he took a seat "let's try to be young again and watch your kiddie shows" he said in defeat.

"Ohh ! That reminds me" he added, our heads whipping around in full concentration.

" I'll be going to Lagos for a conference and I'll spend two weeks before coming back. Ikhlas take care of this kid" he said, completing his statement with a wink and I rolled my eyes in response.

" Well let's see, if Ikhlas is able to take good care of me then am not sure if I'll Miss you even for a second" I replied with a fake pout.

" May Allah safeguard you" Ikhlas replied. "About taking care of her, I'll see what I can do about it"

Ikhlas made dinner and we all ate in satisfaction, I honestly was going to miss my husband so just forget about what I said earlier about not missing him, I didn't actually mean it.

I was still a bit Crossed about him keeping things from me and I still needed clarity on that, maybe it would aid in finally shoving those horrible words out of my head. But decided against asking him again.

_____________________

" Yaya am going to miss you" I said with a pout.

" Said the person who is going to be taken care of" he answered smiling. " I thought you said you wouldn't miss me"

" Well that was what people call a joke, you might not know that because you actually came from Stone age" I replied, playfully sticking my tongue out.

" Ikhlas you haven't said anything since" he Said, giving her a concerned look.

" Safe journey. But are you sure we don't have to escort you to the Airport?" She seemed worried as if she was jinxed about the journey.

" Okay Mrs. Ikhlas Abdulgaffar Wasai no one is taking your husband away from you okay" I teased and she gave me a faint smile.

He hugged us both, got in the car with Yaya Noor and zoomed off.

"Peaches wats wrong?" I asked and she shook her head, "nothing am just not feeling too well. I'll head over to my room and rest okay"

"Okay bye"

________________________________

Hi guys 👋

So Haneefah is struggling to keep her mind at Bay after what her mother-in-law told her.

I just hope she stays strong and not finally give in.

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖