40. Mending the broken hearts♥️

Haneefah POV

Days passed slow, exhaustion and pain overtaking my entire body. Within two weeks I could count the hours of sleep I had gotten. My appetite had dwindled, making the exhaustion even worse but I wasn't hungry.

Maybe this wouldn't have gotten this bad if I was a little bit more patient, if I was a bit more understanding. My heart weighed down in grief and guilt.

How could I have done this to my first and only best friend?

Yaya entered with a Salam and gave me a pitiful look. He has been going back and forth between the both of us trying to make sure we were both alright. How hard it must have been on him.

He whispered " Come out for dinner" and with that he left.

The sad tremble in his voice echoed in my ears, along with the door closing. The tears wanted to come but couldn't. I had nothing left in me, I was dehydrated  exhausted and completely broken.

But all these wouldn't measure up to what Ikhlas felt whenever I hurt her. More of a reason why I definitely don't deserve to eat.

He came back again, giving me a frustrated look. "Haneefah don't you think this is enough? Instead of wallowing in guilt which will resolve to nothing but self destruct why not go to her and try to make up for your mistakes. Do you think we are all happy seeing both of you like this? Do you think am happy? Haven't you ever thought of how stressed out I might have been? Hannefah have mercy on me and stop beating yourself." He said, the last words trembling. He was blinking his eyes to prevent the tears from falling and that melted my heart.

" Am sorry Yaya.... Am so sorry" I muttered under my breath.

" You have no reason to apologise to me. All I want is the happy family I once had. Is that too much to ask?" He said in a more calm voice now. He moved closer and sat down close to me on the bed before pulling me into a hug.

" Am tired Hannefah..... Am very tired. The way both of you are taking this issue is slowly draining the sanity in me. Please Haneefah you have to play your part in mending this relationship" he pleaded as he rocked me in his arms and I cried into his shirt.

" I know Yaya... I know very well that I had failed as a friend, failed as a daughter and failed as a wife. But I still have time to make it up to everyone Yaya and I promise to do anything to have her back" I said and he held me tighter, thanking me.

I got in the bathroom to bath and while bathing I noticed that instead of being slim, I added weight and so much fat had developed around my tummy but I was in no mood to care about my physical appearance.

I got to the dining room and met Ikhlas slowly eating her food. Her body stiffened as she felt my presence and like a flash it was gone and she continued eating like I didn't exist in there with her.

We were all in the middle of eating when his mom entered.

" Good evening mom. Is everything alright? Why are you here by this time?" He asked.

" I came to see for myself how much work is keeping you away from me. Haneef you came to see me only once after your arrival and I can see that wench is the workload that is preventing you from coming to see me" she spat.

" Enough!!! " Haneef growled, which reverberated throughout the room and a chill set itself down our bones. Even mom was quiet too.

He took a deep breath before continuing, now in a cooler and calmer voice.

" Am sorry for raising my voice at you mom. But the next time you come to my house to threaten any of my wives I'll have dad confine you to your own house" he said through gritted teeth and a look of shock set itself on Mom's face.

" Is it bad that I want to fish out the devil in your house Haneef?"

" There is no devil here mom" he growled again and this time she took it as a cue to keep quiet.

Throughout all these, Ikhlas hadn't even raise her head to spare them a glance. Not even once.

"I am tired mom..... Am tired of you trying to ruin my happiness by destroying my home. Now tell me mom, what has Haneefah ever done to you?" He asked her and Surprisingly words could seem to form in her mouth.

" I left for just two weeks and you succeeded in ruining everything that made me happy in years. Now after going through so much to get them to eat on the same table here you are to turn my efforts into dust" with that tears started falling off her eyes as she muttered " am sorry son.. am so sorry" he held her in his arms while she sobbed and Ikhlas stood up and went back to her room. Leaving us all there.

He saw her to her car and her driver took her back home. I cleared the dishes and went back to my room too then he entered.

"Are you okay?" He asked, I nodded with a faint smile which he returned before going out.

After much deliberation, I decided to go check up on her. I got to her room and it was very quiet, meaning she was already asleep.

I pushed the door open and she really was fast asleep. She is a light sleeper so I couldn't make any sound or touch her. But somehow I needed her to feel my presence or at least know that I was here.

My eyes drifted and immediately fell on her cast, then a mischievous idea popped up in my head.

I gently checked her drawer and luckily I found a black marker.

I wrote on her cast and with that I silently bade her goodnight and left.

*********************************

Hey guys

So Haneef finally gave his mom a piece of his mind and Ikhlas wasn't moved even for a bit.

Do you really think Ikhlas had let go of her or was it a show to cover how much she really missed her Bestfriend?

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖