25. Wedding ❤️

Ikhlas POV.

"Hey What about these?" Haneefah asked, holding a black lingerie up in the air making my cheeks beet red. I still couldn't get over the fact that lingeries were added in the betrothal box.

" I don't need that one too. Take it out" I replied with a scoff, trying very hard to conceal the blush evident on my cheeks.

"You are the weirdest, stupidest, most moronic person I have ever let myself befriend" she sighed heavily after a long pause, with a look on her face that told me that she'd had enough of my idiotic tendencies. I couldn't blame her for that.

I replied with an eyeroll, picking one of the cupcakes on the dresser, stuffing my mouth with it. " You just can't admit how excellently modest of a Bestfriend I am"

"There is nothing modest in this! She exclaimed. I honestly can't see the logic in your modest plan" she said, making quotation marks in the air with her fingers. " He is your husband for crying out loud" she added through gritted teeth.

" Well if you don't like it maybe I'll take it." she said and I glared at her.

" Are you smiling because you think it'll fit you?" I asked.

Haneefah grins, her brown eyes twinkling. " How can one not when they have been blessed with such a gorgeous body as mine?" She answered, twirling around to showcase her so-called "gorgeous body"

I snorted, " A gorgeous body that is apparently coupled with a useless mind that is disturbing me this night" I replied with an eyeroll.

" Do you still want it or not?" She asked in a tone which showed that it was the last time she would be asking me that.

" Okay don't take it out " I said finally sighing in defeat.

Silence settled between us for a few minutes as she continued sorting out my clothes and I thought everything over.

Truthfully, it was starting to make me feel insanely giddy to think about a future with them. Years ago, I wouldn't even dream about coming face - to - face with him without wanting to piss my pants.
But here we are actually considering a life together.

When I finally broke into a yawn, Haneefah said " it's twelve a.m. I think we should go to sleep now"

She lay down beside me on the bed and muttered a "goodnight" before she left me with the thoughts of what tomorrow brings.

Yeah tomorrow is the wedding day and am more than nervous about it. Even though everything was going smoothly, I just had a feeling that it was so fast - paced and has been harder to take in all at once.

I wonder if he also think so, A little bit nervous as I am or maybe he is fast asleep.

My thoughts drifted back to khaleel as I remembered his cocky comments and my sarcastic replies, his beautiful smile plus that annoying signature smirk.

I quickly dismissed the thought from my head. I shouldn't complicate things for myself, I am already worked up as it is and the least I needed was a distraction.

I slowly got out of bed, changed into my pajamas and my hair in a messy bun. Slowly through, my whole energy felt like it was leaving me as I lay down on my bed.

************************************
The D-DAY ♥️

I was dressed in a beautiful purple gown and the makeup Artist and hair stylist did a magnificent work. I really looked beautiful but It being the very first time I had a makeover, it felt weird.

A Text message popped up on my phone screen which slightly made me sick to my stomach. Which is actually pretty for me to feel due to my current state of mind.

I tapped on the message and it hits me with a real doozy as it read. Congratulations Mrs Ikhlas Abdulgaffar Wasai. It was from haneef, Which means the knot had been tied.

Haneefah hurried into the room calling my name which knocked me off my trance.

She also wore a purple gown which looked beautiful on her, but I looked more like a bride though.

" Haneef is here let's go take pictures" she instructed, giving me a smile which shows that she was contented with my look.

I stood up and looked at the mirror, fully taking in how I looked and I was okay with it.

She lead the way and I followed as we gently walk down the stairs. As soon as my mother spotted me, she started dancing while her friends sang and hailed her.

I got to the main sitting room where I found the rest of the family including my husband and his friends. He wore a white Kaftan with purple embroidery and a purple cap.

We took tons of pictures cause everyone wanted to take pictures. I took a few with my husband and Bestfriend who is now my co-wife, some with my husband alone, my husband with my parents, my siblings and I took some with my best friend.

" You both look beautiful" he whispered in my ear and I blushed. " I can't believe I am blessed with two angels" he added, earning a smile from me.

They were served food and drinks as the house was becoming more noisy due to my mom and her friends chattering. They just couldn't wait for the dinner so that they would show people the stuff they were made of when it comes to parties.

Around 4:00pm the makeup Artist came and started the creation of a New look. I was dressed like the typical yoruba I was, in Ashoke buba and wrapper tied around my waist. With red beads of the famous Ileke alligned in a string to form a necklace, I wore shoes and a purse to match.

Hanny was also dressed beautifully in a long peach ball gown with a peach veil wrapped around her head.

We got in the car and drove off to the venue. During the car ride it was silent, a deafening silence. Yaya Noor was the one driving with Haneefah in the front seat then I and haneef in the back seat and I must say he looked handsome too. He had this smile plastered on his face that I was starting to think that it was kind of real.

We got there a but late, just in time to make our entrance. The song played softly as Haneefah went in first swaying her hips slowly in sync with the beat.

Followed by Haneef and I. immediately we stepped in, cheers erupted from the Audience with my mom being the cheerleader. You know what I mean when we talk about yoruba moms.

Everything went on smoothly We danced and cut the wedding cake. My mother danced to her satisfaction and everyone was happy.

The party ended and we both went back home.

The next day, hannefah and haneef left for Kano early and hannef's Aunties came to take me to my husband.

My mother prayed for me and advised me admist tears and we all cried our hearts out. Am going to miss everyone especially my two little joy givers.

My flight to kano was quiet and I was taken to hannef's mom place and she showered her prayers and blessings on me before I was taken to my husband's house.

***********************************

Stay tuned for some sweet hannefah, Ikhlas and haneef moments.

Do not hesitate to drop in how you think their life will be in the comment box.

Thanks you 🥰

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖