007 ✧ the announcement

THE ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter seven

jungkook swore today he felt like death. he does not want to attend his classes because he always gets too nervous around strangers when his hyungs are not with him, but one glare from namjoon and he immediately dropped the thought of skipping. call him a big baby, he does not care. it's just how he is. not everyone is as social as kim taehyung.

kim taehyung. jungkook's been thinking about him so much lately. the boy occupying the core of his mind ever since he got to meet him that it's almost impossible for him to function normally anymore. the boy who made his heart beat like no one ever did before. no one. the boy who managed to stir the butterflies inside of him that he didn't knew existed. the boy who could melt his very being with a single look from those beautiful eyes that look like they're carrying the brightest constellations in them. the boy who had a smile of an angel.

while jungkook is daydreaming of his man, he was interrupted by a sea of excited students rushing towards the bulletin board as if being last to arrive meant that their life was on the line. all of them are talking so loudly, almost shouting at each other that the boy could feel their enthusiasm even from a far. jungkook thought his ears would break.

what's so interesting on that board anyway?

"it's an announcement." the son of poseidon was startled by the sudden appearance of a voice behind him. he turned around and saw a  boy, about his age and is slightly taller than him.

did i say that out loud? he said in his mind or he didn't.

"yes you did. i'm yugyeom, son of morpheus. and you my friend i believe is a new student." he smiled, reaching his hands toward the boy.

he's a son of the god of time. jungkook made sure this time he wasn't announcing his thoughts. "i'm jungkook, son of poseidon. nice to meet you." jungkook introduced himself politely sending a smile to the student in front of him, accepting his hand. 

"so, what is that announcement about?" jungkook asked curiously. the question leaving his lips before he could even think of it. he's curious after all.

"it's the tournament. they are finally opening the registrations. the gem is having new men in his harem." yugyeom said and started walking to the group of students motioning for him to follow. "look here, these names carved right here are the lovers of the gem." he pointed at the names carved on the wooden board attached to the bulletin.

"how do you register?" jungkook didn't know where he got the confidence of even considering the registration, but he was glad he did before his mind could tell him otherwise. yugyeom looked at him for a moment. the latter walked to a desk on the other side of the board and he came back with a paper with him.

"fill this form and submit it to senior seokjin's office." yugyeom handed him the paper. jungkook stared at it for a good five minutes and he finally noticed that almost all students there with them are holding the same registration paper. 

"he & jimin are the ones who will evaluate who is qualified to be in the tournament. 10 boys inside the arena, but only 3 are lucky enough to be chosen." yugyeom said with a hint of seriousness in his voice. his bright aura was gone for a moment.

"how about you? don't you want to register?" jungkook asked hesitantly.

"i tried." yugyeom smiled. "now let's go to our music and art class. i'm positive we're in the same class."

jungkook let yugyeom led the way. the two of them walking in a comfortable silence. passing through the halls, jungkook looked around and all he can see are students with the registration papers in their hands talking about the gem and the tournament gleefully. as if it has been what they were waiting for all this wile. with this amount of competition, jungkook felt terrified, but then again, he's never felt this determined before. the determination overpowers his fear. he's drawn to make taehyung his. it feels like he's bound to do so and that he will have to one way or another. it felt strange because he didn't know or more like he was not sure whether it's because kim taehyung was so beautiful or that he already had feelings for him. maybe both. bottomline is, he did not felt this determined before, not even when he was trying to impress poseidon.