011 ✧ brotherhood

BROTHERHOOD
chapter eleven

in one of  the quartet's individual quarters, there's two of the boys; one sitting comfortably on the sofa, his masculine physique contrasting the adorable expression on his face while sipping on his banana milk. this boy is of course jeon jungkook who is currently listening to his hyung's loud rant over a recent encounter with a boy they are very familiar with at the lake.

he is trying not to show his amused expression , preventing himself from laughing because of how childish his usually cold hyung sounds right now.

"i swear to hades, if i see park again i'd make him regret what he said." said min yoongi, who have been so worked up over a boner caused by the son of athena and decided to tell jungkook about it.

"don't tell this to namjoon, especially hoseok. are we clear?" he said pointing an accusing finger at the younger boy with a threatening glare in which the younger boy just nodded in response. although in jungkook's mind he knew he had a tendency to let things slip from his mouth. he's sure yoongi really can't blame him if it comes to that. the younger smiled at the thought.

not being able to hold his laughter much longer while looking at the older's ridiculously serious expression, he bursted out laughing the straw parted from his lips with a few of the contents spilling, his body curling in the process his right hand on his chest while the other holding the banana milk. 

his hyung looked at him in confusion until yoongi realised that jungkook isn't taking his supposed 'problem' seriously. offended, he tried to stop the younger from laughing, but the boy wasn't having it and just laughed even louder. okay then. yoongi thought.

"if you don't stop laughing, i'm telling taehyung's lovers that you are planning on persuing him!" the later said it with so much intensity that the former  immediately stopped laughing and returned to his previous sitting position with a strange hint of sudden seriousness gracing his usually bright features. his face now pale and expression nervous. it was yoongi's turn to laugh while the younger is now the one glaring at his hyung.

"ok, i'll stop. geez, you're such a kid." the older said wiping the non-existent tear under his eyes as he recover from his own laughter. "says the one who got so worked up over a boner." jungkook retorted in annoyance, yoongi just ruffled his hair adoringly, smiling.

"enough about me. now what exactly is your plan about taehyung?" he was surprised by the question. silence fell between the two occupants of the room. 

if he was being honest, he isn't even entirely sure himself if he's looking towards the right path. he thought of this over nights. countless times until he was able to make the decision of courting  the most desired boy in the institution. he's even utterly clueless over what could impress the boy the most or  if he would be able to compete with the beauty's many lovers at all. he released a heavy sigh, a frown drawn on his face.

seeing the younger's sad gaze, yoongi wanted to cheer him up. "i'll help you out." he said breaking the silence. the younger looked at him surprised, but smiling. "are you sure?" the disbelief in the latter's voice as clear as day, to which he received a fond nod of confirmation from the older.

yoongi have seen how jungkook's eyes sparkle whenever he sees taehyung.

how taehyung is the only one who could make the son of poseidon this happy.

how jungkook sees no one else aside from taehyung.

and how astonishing the determined expression that invades the look on jungkook's face when he is doing something for taehyung. yoongi wanted to see that.

"thank you, hyung. you're the best."

in another room located far from the previous boys' quarters, in front of a mirror is someone dressed in a regal blue night gown that captures the androgynous man's pale complexion named kim seokjin, the leader of the trinity.

"hyung." jimin called from behind the taller man, prompting the latter to turn and meet his eye. "i'm going to my room. i'm really tired." he sounded sleepy.

"rest well. i'll be waiting for taehyung. i'm sure he'll be back in a few minutes." jin stood from his seat and pressed a soft kiss on the younger's forehead making him chuckle. "good night, hyung."

"good night, little warrior." he uttered back with a little giggle from the sound of an old nickname from their childhood. jimin could only laugh at the older before he retired to his room.

seokjin then decided to make a glass of milk for taehyung considering that he usually goes back at this very late hour, much to the older's annoyance after spending time with one of his lovers. he smiled at the thought of the boy. the sweetest boy he had ever met. the boy with the most beautiful heart. the boy that everyone loves. 

ever since he met taehyung when they were kids he knew that he would love and protect him until his final breath. that lovely boy and the very stubborn jimin are the people who's keeping him strong, balanced, and sane. they are his brothers.

seokjin's line of thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. thinking that it might be the person he's been waiting for, he rushed to the door with a smile on his face already preparing to be met by a bone-crushing hug from a smiling boy who will then tell him everything that happened about his day and ask his hyung the most random questions. however, behind the door he was met by a sight he didn't expect. there stood one of taehyung's lovers, dongho carrying a much smaller sleeping figure in his arms.

the other looked at the smaller boy's sleeping form and saw the trace of dried tears on the his beautiful face. "what happened?" he asked, slightly hesitant whether he wanted to know or he should just let it go, but he has to know.

"he came to my room crying. jongin & hongseok had been fighting from what i could understand. i was about to find and beat them, but i couldn't leave my prince. so, i called jackson. he'll take care of everything." dongho said calmly, but the anger in his tone is very obvious. 

seokjin nodded at him and took the boy's sleeping form from dongho. the man leaned down to kiss his little prince's head. "i love you, my prince. good night." he said lovingly, not forgetting to thank the other before he left.

seokjin brought taehyung to his own room. settling him down as he pulled the comforter up the younger's chest. he was about to leave when he heard the latter calling for him. he laid down beside him pulling the younger's head to his chest as the boy started crying once again muttering incoherent words of how his jongin and hongseok hyung don't love him anymore because they're always fighting. the older kept on mumbling comforting words to silence the boy, but they weren't working.

this isn't the first time that the boy cried over a similar situation. as all of his lovers are very possessive of him, fighting constantly for his attention isn't a rare occurrence. however, they all have agreed that if they were to engage in a fight with each other, it must be out of the boy's line of sight because the boy hates violence. seokjin thought he needed to remind them of that agreement.

as he continue comforting the boy, who is now beginning to quiet down, seokjin whispered to him. "they love you, angel. but they love you too much. don't worry, i'll teach them a lesson." 

the younger looked at his hyung as he snuggled to his side closer. "thank you, hyung. you're the best."

they stayed like that for a few minutes until they felt someone hug the both of them. the two looked at the stranger, a smiling jimin. "what? i don't wanna miss hug time." the three of them laughed altogether as they laid with each other's warmth like how they used to do when they were kids.

🕯

vote & comment