009 ✧ the concealment mark

THE CONCEALMENT MARK
chapter nine

days passed since the quartet had the discussion over the red mare. surprisingly, nothing suspicious happened and everyone is doing well . they were able to adjust to their new environment and are now used to a new daily routine. namjoon spends most of his time in the library reading books about the great myths and legends of the greeks. breaking through is also something namjoon has set his mind to, so he is training harder than ever. if he wants to accomplish the mission, then he should be as familiar as possible to everything concerning the gods and his own element. it was a very productive week for him.

in contrast to namjoon, yoongi had a lazy week. he recently found a new spot he grew comfortable of as it was able to relax his nerves and help him nap during breaks. that place of course being under the shades of the trees at the garden of the gods where he secretly wait to meet a blonde-haired boy, but he never had the chance to. the reason why he wants to meet the boy is unclear to himself, just probably the fact that jimin managed to stir his brother's emotions in many ways possible. he was curious about him.

jungkook however, is having the time of his life. being able to see taehyung & sit beside him much more converse with him everyday is definitely a blessing, minus the fact that he has to ignore taehyung's overly possessive lover, wonho every arts class. that's completely fine for our lover boy considering that taehyung is now in his combat class as well without anyone on his tail ( although the reason's unknown) is sending him intense feeling of euphoria.

lately, hoseok has been feeling weird. he managed to take his mind off of jimin, but that's just because there's a strange feeling of rage inside him. like he would explode any moment. he is always out of breath; he looks exhausted, sick, and is constantly sweating. namjoon noticed, but immediately let the idea go after hoseok convinced him that he is fine and that he's just having dreams about the rose again which in his defense is partially true. it's making him more restless. namjoon promised not to tell yoongi or jungkook, but hoseok has to tell him how he's feeling. the latter just nodded at him reluctantly that day.

it's finally saturday, their first weekend at demi-dieux. the weekends, being the only time students are allowed to exit the walls of the academy to casually roam around the nearest town and hang out. the quartet made plans to spend their weekends trying out foods and relax at the park to get their minds off of the mission they have to accomplish.

in another room a silver-haired beauty is busy fixing his appearance in front of a huge mirror. an incredibly tall man, his lover towering behind his small and much slender figure, smiling so handsomely. "what is my peach getting ready for?" the raven haired muscular boy whispered in taehyung's ear hugging the younger's waist from behind. taehyung giggled as he felt the older's hot breath on his neck, his lips sucking a hickey.

"stop it, hongseok hyung. it's ticklish." he whined pushing the man's face away from his neck. the older sounded a hearty laugh because of the younger's adorable reaction. kissing the crown of his peach's head and pinching his cheeks right after earned him a pout from taehyung which he kissed away from the smaller boy's beautiful face.

"so, where are you going exactly that you had to cancel our plans?" hongseok asked the younger, the seriousness in his voice prominent. out of taehyung's many lovers yang hongeok is the bipolar one. his mood changes in a blink of an eye.

"i already told you hyung. i'm helping a friend." technically he wasn't lying since he's really planning on finding jung hoseok and help the man just like what jin asked him to do. the older raised his eyebrow at taehyung which the boy just responded with his puppy eyes. standing on his tip toe to kiss the man on his nose before whispering a 'soft see you later'. as taehyung exited the room, hongseok's calculating eyes was still on him. he's furious.

namjoon, hoseok, yoongi, and jungkook were walking around the park each one of them carrying a fruit shake of various flavors. jungkook being slightly left behind as he was busy trying out all the foods he purchased that has given him a difficulty of carrying them around. yoongi smiled looking at the younger. he's relieved that jungkook looked more relaxed, oblivious to the fact that his own brother is the one who's not feeling quite well recently.

while they were walking, namjoon caught a sight of someone approaching towards them. the boy looks so preoccupied over his ice cream that he might have not noticed the boys in front of him or so that's what namjoon thought.

"taehyung." namjoon decided to call the boy's attention as he is now in front of them. the boy looked up from his ice cream with a surprised look on his face. "oh, hyung." the boys startled by the voice looked at the boy in front of them. jungkook almost choked.

namjoon looked from behind the smaller to see if he's with a companion. the younger noticed the gesture and he answered the question in the former's head. "i'm alone today, hyung." he smiled. the older blushed slightly, but was able to compose himself. it was a surprising sight seeing  taehyung outside campus grounds without anyone with him. it almost felt illegal. even the three was confused. 

"if you don't mind, hyungs. i have to go." taehyung bowed lightly as he bid the quartet goodbye, leaving a brighter smile towards jungkook, who could only stare in disbelief the foods on his arms long forgotten.

the boy was about to walk pass them when he suddenly tripped on something making him slightly scream as his body was about to fall down forward and meet the ground, but hoseok caught him just on time. the younger mumbled a soft thank you as the older helped him stand. he checked the younger's body for any sign of injury, but taehyung said he was fine. a blush creeping its way to his cheeks.

seeing the scene before him made jungkook jealous he could only clench his fist mindlessly letting all the items he was holding fall to the ground. "don't worry, hobi hyung. i'm alright." that was the latter's last words before he walked away. hoseok was shocked of the nickname given to him by the younger. yoongi & namjoon could feel the tension coming from jungkook.

hoseok turned to his younger friend and saw the jealousy in jungkook's eyes. he hated to see it, so he apologised. "hey gguk, i'm sorry. i didn't know why taehyung called me that. please don't misunderstand." jungkook snapped out of his anger hearing the older's apology.  he didn't know what has gotten into him and so dismissing his thoughts he also apologized to his hyung to which the older answered with a smile and a pat on the younger's head.  namjoon chuckled at the situation while yoongi cringes at the cheesy act before joining the group's laughter himself.

as taehyung walked away from the group, a victorious smile is painted on his face. i was able to cast the concealment mark.

🕯

vote & comment