017 ✧ the headmistress (unedited)

BAE JOOHYUN
chapter seventeen

at dawn the gates of demi-dieux academy opened unbeknownst to anyone, making it easier for the vehicle to slip out of the institution without attracting unwanted attention.

in the back seat sitting comfortably is the leader of the trinity. not being able to sleep when he returned to his room, he decided to dress instead, to visit demi-dieux's sister academy, demetrea. the ride to his destination is awfully long giving him enough time for a necessary nap.

"sire, we're here." seokjin heard his driver wake him up. he isn't a heavy sleeper so he immediately snapped out of dreamland. he opened his eyes slowly before sitting up straight and fixing his posture. his vision adjusting to the sudden brightness. the driver got out of the car and opened the door for him.

"thank you." he said, the man bowed politely. "don't wait for me. return to demi-dieux and tell taehyung i've arrived safely." the uniformed man nodded in understanding and drove back to the academy.

jin turned his head to the familiar giant royal blue gate with an image of a hydra carved beautifully on it. the details of the creature's figure captured precisely. the creature's eyes looking at him intensely. seokjin said his name as the hydra's orbs glowed and the gate opened on its own. he did not waste any time as he entered the academy.

it's been awhile. he closed his eyes feeling the comfort demetrea is radiating.

demetrea academy is a school for female demigods & supernaturals. it was named after the goddess demeter, as she was a brave woman and a loving mother. after all, no love in this world could exceed the love of a mother to her children.

on the way to the front door of the edifice, seokjin noticed the students stopped what they were doing to greet him. he smiled at them in return. the students of demetrea have always had huge respect for seokjin. they heard so many good stories about the leader. they admire his stunning masculine but delicate features and his calm attitude. the similarities he has with their headmistress is undoubtedly prominent.

just as he neared the front door, a young girl came out behind it. her eyes grew big as she realised who's standing in front of him. the girl squealed and threw her weight on him. "good day to you, yeri." the latter said struggling to breathe from the insanely tight hug of apollo's daughter, but giggling because he missed the younger girl as well.

"i'm sorry, senior seokjin." she said pulling away from the hug, still full of enthusiasm. "what brought you here? come in." she motioned for the man to come in.

"i'm here to see the headmistress. can you take me to her?" yeri stopped walking. judging by the tall man's tone, yeri knew that he wasn't there to visit. something important must have happened. she nodded and led him to his destination. seokjin was glad yeri knew his intentions without him actually voicing it.

in the past, yeri have always been a very shy girl. she had so much fears & insecurities, but now, she's a grown lady. a fine and a smart one at that.

it didn't take long for them to reach the headmistress' office. yeri knocked three times, but didn't wait for permission as she turned the door knob, entering the room with seokjin silently following behind her.

by the window, there stood an extremely pale and beautiful woman her back facing them, a cup of tea in her hands as she was engrossed to the scene behind the window. one of the most beautiful demigods to ever exist. bae joohyun, daughter of hera. "unnie, senior seokjin seeks an audience." yeri announced their arrival.

the lady diverted her gaze from the window to look at them. she smiled. "seokjin, what a pleasant surprise." she moved to her desk, placing her cup on the mahogany furniture.