014 ✧ the breakthrough (unedited)

THE BREAKTHROUGH
chapter fourteen

"senior seokjin." a voice called from outside the room.

"seinor seokjin!" the voice repeated, this time followed by loud knocks.

seokjin looked up from the book he was reading, his face startled by whoever is calling for him. noticing the distress and panic from the person's voice seokjin told the person to come in.

as soon as the person heard the permission from the occupant of the room he did not waste more time as he bolted to the room only stopping in front of the older's desk. he bowed his head. "senior." greeted the boy.

"yeonjun, what can i do for you? you look stressed." seokjin asked the panting boy.

the boy however wasn't able to answer immediately as he was still catching his breath from all the running he did earlier. the sweat on his forehead indicates the exhaustion and stress he's feeling. seokjin stood up from his seat and offered the boy a glass of water. "drink, then talk."

after finishing the whole glass, the boy wiped his mouth mumbling a thank you. "senior seokjin."

"yeonjun." the older said in a stern voice.

"it-it's about the new student, ho-hoseok." he said stuttering in the process. "something strange is happening to him and it's causing a commotion."

seokjin looked away. he expected this to happen, but not this soon. "where is he?"

"at the training grounds."

"very well. please inform jimin and taehyung. i'll go there now."

seokjin ran as fast he could the students in the halls confused as they have never seen the leader of the trinity run in the hallways. he was always calm and composed, and he hated when students run in hallways. so it must be important.

seokjin arrived at the training grounds. the students immediately clearing a path for him as his aura alone is enough for the students to recognize his presence. the students greeted him silently.

when he finally got to the center of the commotion, there he saw hoseok kneeling. his eyes glowing white, his face scrunched, beads of sweat traveling from his forehead down to his neck. his teeth gritting and hands clenched pulling on his hair as he groans from the unbearable pain he was feeling.

"what happened here?" he asked the person closest to him.

"we were training. it happened so fast. next thing i knew he's already on the ground. then his eyes glowing." sehun answered frantically, concerned for his friend.

before seokjin could even respond namjoon, yoongi, and jungkook arrived to the scene. "what's hap-" namjoon wasn't able to finish what he's about to say when he saw hoseok's current state. yoongi looked worriedly at his brother, his dark orbs showing fear. jungkook could only mumble a shaky "hyung." as he have no idea what's happening.

"it's happening namjoon." seokjin said surprisingly calm. namjoon didn't need to look at seokjin to understand what he means. "what should we do?" he asked not taking his eyes off of hoseok.

"jinnie hyung!" taehyung arrived just in time, hugging seokjin immediately. behind him is a worried looking jimin. "it's happening." the latter said silently his voice shaking. "it is, jimin." the oldest of the trinity said.