XXVII

Jema opened her eyes to an unfamiliar room. The ceiling was painted white with tons of glow in the dark stars and planet-like shapes scattered all around.

Only kids do that... Jema thought.

She smiled the moment she realized she's in Deanna's condo and probably sleeping at Deanna's bed too. She gently moved her head to the left and found a peacefully sleeping Deanna.

Jema fixed Deanna's hair and planted a kiss on her cheek before she stood up and went to the bathroom.

She came out moments later then checked the clock. It's still 4 in the morning. She then slowly crawled back to bed, avoiding to wake up the cute sleepy head.

But as soon as her back touched the soft mattress, Deanna moved closer and cuddled her. Jema's smile widened as she allows the younger woman to wrap her arms around her. Deanna, still with eyes closed, placed a kiss on Jema's nape.

"What time is it baby?" Deanna asked.

Jema, still recovering from the electric shock brought about by the kiss replied, "4."

"Ang aga pa... Sleep pa tayo please..." Deanna begged as she started planting tiny kisses on Jema's shoulder.

"Too many butterflies Deanna Wong! Paano ako makakatulog?" Jema chuckled.

Deanna stopped and moved her lips close to Jema's ear before she whispered, "Sleep well baby... I'm just really happy to still wake up next to you... Sana ganito na lang tayo lagi..."

Jema chuckled, "Lasing ka pa ata eh?!"

Jema felt Deanna smiled so she moved to face her. Deanna slowly opened her eyes to see the beautiful lady smiling at her.

"You are so beautiful... Alam mo ba yun?" Deanna said.

"Bola!" Jema laughed.

"Hey! I'm not joking! I swear you really are..." Deanna insisted.

Tinaasan naman ni Jema ng kilay ang kaharap.

Deanna smiled before she placed a kiss on Jema's forehead, then another one on the tip of her nose and lastly on her lips.

Their eyes were smiling as they stare at each other.

"Why me Deanna Wong?" Jema suddenly asked.

"I don't know. Should there be answer to that?" Deanna replied immediately.

"There should at least be a reason why." Jema insisted.

Deanna looked at Jema sincerely.

"Then why me Jema? Last night sabi mo, you were never this close nor haven't allowed anyone to get close to you since your first love..." Deanna asked.

Jema withdrawn her gaze from Deanna's eyes, trying to think of what could be the answer but moments have passed and she can't seem to formulate any words or even an excuse.

Deanna waited until she finally commented, "See! Even you can't answer it..."

They looked at each other once more and smiled.

"I guess so..." Jema said shyly.

"It's okay... Sometimes, there are things that we can't just answer but what's important is what's in there." Deanna commented as she points to Jema's heart.

"Right.. And we better go to sleep kasi we need to finish our project later..." Jema mentioned.

"Good idea!" Deanna said as Jema moved for them to form the classic spoon position.