Chapter Seven

Do you know that moment whereas you are not sure about decisions you are about to make, and you feel like if you take a bad one , you will blame yourself?

I didn't know what to do,I wanted to leave the letter laying there, but curiosity killed the cat.

The letter read "ayo sis, I'm currently ain't aight. Imma be away for a while but don't worry imma be safe. Just tell mama and pops that I went to some rap battle that lasts for about a week. And oh, I left few bucks under my pillow- use it wisely. Yor rapper Mk".

I was just relieved I didn't see any words "die, suicide or kill".

I did as he asked and went to check the "molla" under the pillow. He left two $10 for me.

A call from Niki came through as I sitting at the tip of my bed.

"Hey beautiful, I'm enthralled by your beauty. I can't stop thinking about you. Sup?" We chatted for almost an hour. It was a nice conversation.

As we were talking ,I headed to my window to close my blinds as it was getting dark. And as expected, I saw Jason taking pictures of his muscular body.

He really admired his abs more than anything. Every time I'd looked through the window, he was either exercising or admiring his body.

I'm sure he charmed girls at his school.

We've never spoken before. We've never had a solid conversation. I met him once as I was taking a walk. He introduced himself as Jas. I could see that he was trying to get my eyes laid on his gorgeous abs, but I wasn't interested. Anyway I closed my blinds and ended my call with Niki.

I lay on my bed and grabbed a book. After such a long time, I had to be productive. My brain was probably used to dirty stuff already .

I tried reading, but nothing came in. You know when you read a book for the sake of reading? That's how it was like. I read but nothing hopped into my thick brain cells.

I closed the book and grabbed my headsets. I listened to sorrowful music.

I closed my eyes and put on an eye mask then meditated.

I needed some time to sink into thoughts.

After 30 minutes of meditating, I walked to the living room passing my mom cooking in the kitchen. She called me and I acted as if I didn't hear her, then she said "pregnancy has never made a person deaf", damn that came out wrong.

I don't know if I was offended or ashamed but I bravely said "talking from experience?"

"I will not be arguing with a child who is caring a child. Now continue cooking since you are a mom as well." She said.

She continued "I still cannot believe that I am a granny at the age of 43. I'm still fresh to be one".

I did as she said as she headed to the living room.

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth. I think she didn't hear me because if she did, she would thrown few slaps on my cute cheek.

I have heard of mother and daughter bond
quotes but at that point, this phrase was just words. Words written to emphasis a message which I didn't get.

How could you talk about your child like this,who has been harassed . I think it was time for me to explain the scene that has been happening in my life lately. I just wanted to live a happy life, I just wanted to be happy.

I walked to the living room and my parents were not there. I checked in garage If my dad's car was there and it was gone. My parents had always announced before they would leave the house. This was strange.

I looked through the window leading to the street and I saw the streets full of people. I was scared but I ran outside.

"Hello. Have you seen my mom." I asked one of our neighbor.

" Your brother was involved in a fight and your parents rushed him to the hospital. She said.

I asked endless questions but I could see that she wasn't willing to answer me. I walked back to the house.

I grabbed my phone and called the parents.

None of them picked up their phones.

I zoomed my eyes to the scene once again, and all I could see were aggressive faces.

Someone knocked. I knew it wouldn't be my parents because they wouldn't leave my brother unconscious. The knock was bad, you'd swear that the person's main intention was to break the door. I opened the door and it was...