Chapter Eighteen

Our brains tend to disconnect from our tongues. It wasn't my intention.

They stopped fighting and there was silent.

Gary broke his bottle of whiskey and opened another one. He gulped it like he was drinking water.

"Gary please stop." My mom begged.

He was acting like a maniac.
There was nothing I could do. I couldn't reverse those words. I regretted.

He took his car keys and drove off. My mom tried to stop him but she failed.

I strolled to my room and my mom tried to stop me but I ignored her.
I locked my bedroom and listened to music.

Then a message came through. It was Emy.
It read "hey. There's a party and you are invited. I don't take no as an answer. Send me your location, I'm sending a cab to fetch you in 30 minutes."

I didn't want to go but there was tension in the house so I thought it was a great idea.

I changed into a mini vintage skirt and and a top with my white sneakers. I fixed my hair and waited for a cab at the gate. My mom didn't see me though.

The cab came and we drove off to the party.
It looked fun. I joined Emy's squad and it was fun.

I didn't drink a lot. I didn't want to end up in a "sleep outside" situation again. And I was pregnant after all.

The size of my abdomen was enlarging.

I heard funny comments like "why is you stomach bloated? Why is your stomach fat? You are probably going to give birth to a disabled child."

I knew they were talking about me because my top was tight so it shaped my stomach.

We danced and drank alcohol all night. I didn't have my phone with so I lost track of time.
I didn't want it to be stolen.

I walked outside to use the ladies since there weren't any in the event. I had to cross the street to get there. I was tipsy.

I crossed the street safely and used the ladies.
I took my time even though there were people queuing outside.

They probably thought that I was soiling the toilet.

I walked outside and people were complaining. I ignored them and strolled to the event.

As I walking past the street. I saw a similar car to Gary's. I thought I was drunk.
The car sped up against me.

I tried to move but the car followed me to the pavement and hit me so hard.

I tried opening my eyes and I could see blurriness. I saw Gary as he was picking me up. He shoved me in the back seat and we drove off...